TGS: SNK Announces "Neo-Geo 16-in-1" for Wii

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbSR_meo7aY

Looks like we'll get some screens within the next couple of days. My guess, even though it's been announced for Japan, it's probably a lot of the smaller PS2 Collections like Last Blade (I HOPE), Kizuna, AoF, and maybe a couple new single titles all on one disc with Color Edit and AST.

EDIT: It doesn't really deserve a topic, but some of the other announcements from SNK including KoFMIA2, and that DS RPG of their's. Oh and a logo for the new SS game.

"16-in-1", eh? I wonder if it'll either consist of classic titles from the early 90s, lesser-knowns from the mid-to-late 90s, or a so-called "best of" compilation. Whatever it is, it's going to be at least two years before it ever reaches our shores.

(Guess this means that VinnkSensei's a real person and not some lying 14-year-old windbag. If you're reading this, VinnkSensei, calm down, breathe, and sit down- you wouldn't want to pass out in the middle of the TGS floor due to lack of oxygen to the brain.)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Awesome news, because at this point I don't have the cash for an AES or my own MVS.

It's just the NGPC for me as far as Neo Geo consoles go.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Maybe it'll be some of the larger titles that would take up too much of the HD on the Wii.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
rarehero said:
nam 75 would work well on the wii.

You are giving them too much credit. Do you think snk is going to redo the control scheme to work with the wiimote pointer?(obviously the should, but they are too cheap) I certainly don't. If anything it'll control the same way as all their other games, using the classic controller. If thats the case it'll probably suck.

famicommander

15 Year Member
xmods said:
You are giving them too much credit. Do you think snk is going to redo the control scheme to work with the wiimote pointer?(obviously the should, but they are too cheap) I certainly don't. If anything it'll control the same way as all their other games, using the classic controller. If thats the case it'll probably suck.
Classic Controller support means that it will be compatible with the Hori Arcade Stick, which means that it has definite potential.

A1Guy

Mr. Big's Thug
Isn't Nintendo trying to charge $9 dollars for AOF1 rom:oh_no:

I wonder how much this will cost? 16x$9? then it actually comes with a book and case,so another $9?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
A1Guy said:

I wonder how much this will cost? 16x$9? then it actually comes with a book and case,so another $9?

:spock:

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Famicommander said:
Classic Controller support means that it will be compatible with the Hori Arcade Stick, which means that it has definite potential.

Yes but games like nam-1975 would be better suited to use the wiimote imo, but we know thats not going to happen.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
A1Guy said:

considering AOF collection is $20 you are better off buying the PS2 collection.

A1Guy

Mr. Big's Thug
I believe SNK themselves said at their own website AOF collection would sell for $14.99,but Lamestop jacked it to $19.99.

famicommander

15 Year Member
xmods said:
Yes but games like nam-1975 would be better suited to use the wiimote imo, but we know thats not going to happen.
I'd rather they didn't add Wiimote support though.

I'd like to play the game in the closest manner possible to the way it was intended to be played.

I don't think they should mess with the classics.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Famicommander said:

I'd like to play the game in the closest manner possible to the way it was intended to be played.

Yeah i agree, i was just commenting on what the previous poster had said. To think snk would put any time and effort into new controls is just funny.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Famicommander said:

Newbie, unlike you, most people here have played that game alot and their tired of playing it in it's original format so a change would be greatly appreciated.

And if you want to "play the games in their original format in the closest manner possible to the way it was intended to be played" whitout buying a MVS/console/CD system. Just go download the roms and buy the PS2 neo stick with a USB adapter insteed of paying to play them on a extremely gay console/controler. But do what you want with it, that's just my opinion...

famicommander

15 Year Member
PrOzErG said:
Newbie, unlike you, most people here have played that game alot and their tired of playing it in it's original format so a change would be greatly appreciated.

And if you want to "play the games in their original format in the closest manner possible to the way it was intended to be played" whitout buying a MVS/console/CD system. Just go download the roms and buy the PS2 neo stick with a USB adapter insteed of paying to play them on a extremely gay console/controler. But do what you want with it, that's just my opinion...
Here's an idea: stop being a condescending ass. I like how you just threw in "just my opinion", hoping that all of your bullcrap would go unnoticed.

SNK's entire point in releasing this is getting the games out to an audience greater than any Neo Geo system ever reached. They want to make money, and going back to add things to old games when they could just port them over isn't cost-effective.

And I'm not just saying that they shouldn't mess with it because I may not have played some of these games for as long or as many times as some of the rest of you. I would be saying the same thing if this was Super Mario Bros or any other game that has been played to death.

If you're going to change things, come out with an entirely new game, don't just tweak an old one. Creativity is better spent on new projects.

Furthermore, I would much rather purchase the game and support a company that I like rather than emulating. It's not that I have anything against emulation. In fact, I use it myself to play games that are hard to find. But when I can get these games for a reasonable price and support SNK at the same time, I don't see a reason not to.

Finally, go back to grade school, because it is very hard to take you seriously when it is apparent that you do not have even a basic understanding of the English language.

muffinman943

Banned
I can't believe everybody is so sure of this being authentic, because there is some nerd on youtube claiming he has SECRET INFO. Was this actually confirmed:spock:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
it definitely needs Legend Of Success Joe & incorporate the Wii controller into UPPERCUTS !!!!!!!

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
lets hope it doesnt suck ass like metal slug anthology on the wii.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Famicommander said:
Here's an idea: stop being a condescending ass. I like how you just threw in "just my opinion", hoping that all of your bullcrap would go unnoticed.

SNK's entire point in releasing this is getting the games out to an audience greater than any Neo Geo system ever reached. They want to make money, and going back to add things to old games when they could just port them over isn't cost-effective.

And I'm not just saying that they shouldn't mess with it because I may not have played some of these games for as long or as many times as some of the rest of you. I would be saying the same thing if this was Super Mario Bros or any other game that has been played to death.

If you're going to change things, come out with an entirely new game, don't just tweak an old one. Creativity is better spent on new projects.

Furthermore, I would much rather purchase the game and support a company that I like rather than emulating. It's not that I have anything against emulation. In fact, I use it myself to play games that are hard to find. But when I can get these games for a reasonable price and support SNK at the same time, I don't see a reason not to.

Finally, go back to grade school, because it is very hard to take you seriously when it is apparent that you do not have even a basic understanding of the English language.

I beg your pardon, support SNKP to do what, recycle the same games over and over again? Go buy a Neo-Geo or shut up, oh that’s right I forgot aren’t you on welfare, hahaha retard…

famicommander

15 Year Member
PrOzErG said:
I beg your pardon, support SNKP to do what, recycle the same games over and over again? Go buy a Neo-Geo or shut up, oh that’s right I forgot aren’t you on welfare, hahaha retard…
What an intelligent response...:rolleyes:

It's games like these that fund original games and real sequels to other games.

Not being able to afford a Neo-Geo doesn't mean that I'm on welfare, it means that I'm a seventeen year-old that just bought a Pocket Color with 24 and a car. Just because I don't have the excess cash at the moment doesn't make you any better than I am, asshat.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Famicommander said:
What an intelligent response...:rolleyes:

It's games like these that fund original games and real sequels to other games.

Not being able to afford a Neo-Geo doesn't mean that I'm on welfare, it means that I'm a seventeen year-old that just bought a Pocket Color with 24 and a car. Just because I don't have the excess cash at the moment doesn't make you any better than I am, asshat.

my nomination for the best new member of 2007.