jamma/neo-geo question

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I was wondering if neo-geo home system controller prots work the same as the jamma standard. To clarify I mean I'm wondering if you could make a joystick just hoked up to the buttons with no circut board or anything work on the neo-geo like it would on the jamma standard.

Also I was wondering what if you did a controller hacking job like you did to make a dc joystick and such, if you left in the circut board could you still use it on the jamma/ home system ports?

thanks for your help all you techies out there

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yup, the neo sticks work without any extra pcbs or wiring. its all straight through, but the cd pads need +5

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
zorro:
I was wondering if neo-geo home system controller prots work the same as the jamma standard. To clarify I mean I'm wondering if you could make a joystick just hoked up to the buttons with no circut board or anything work on the neo-geo like it would on the jamma standard.

Also I was wondering what if you did a controller hacking job like you did to make a dc joystick and such, if you left in the circut board could you still use it on the jamma/ home system ports?
Yes and Yes...to both questions.

If you were to mod a DC stick (or PS2 or whatnot), you could leave the circuit board inside intact and just add the additional wires that are needed for you Neo or SuperGun use. Then you could either drill a whole in the controller to route the cable out, or just mount a connector on it (something like a db15). Then just build a cable to go from that connector to your Neo or SG.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
awesome! I'm thinking of redoing one of my ngpc's with a couple more buttons and making it into a contoller for the supergun. Now it's gonna be awesome