"B Button" not working on my old style stick, help needed.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Last night I invited a friend to come over and play some Last Blade with me and when we started to play the B button on one of my old style sticks ceased to work. I tried plugging it into the controller port harder and that didn't work. I also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times and that didn't work either. Lastly I opened the stick up and looked inside and everything looked fine inside of it. I have no clue what it wrong with it and it is annoying the hell out of me. Somebody please help me so I can play some 2-player Last Blade with my friend! frown

<small>[ August 17, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: mikace01 ]</small>

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Well if you'd stop throwing the controller all over the room, you may have fewer problems. buttrock

J_Hendrix

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow! Since my grandfather borrowed my neogeo, I went to him and asked about my neogeo. I got my machine back after 8years and later on, I notice that my joystick didn´t work correctly so my dad fixed up and volia! This may help you.

Take your time and bring your stuff subcase. Now screw up the pieces and open the lock of the joystick itself. Now look after the wires which is connected to your B button. If i remember right, there is red, blue, green, brown, yellow, white, black and turkos I think.

See if you can find the wires which goes directly to the B button and if the cables has been cutted out, you just have to glow it!

Explain the problems to me, then I will help you correctly because my stick went broken too before, so I know it!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
RiotoftheBlood:
Well if you'd stop throwing the controller all over the room, you may have fewer problems. buttrock
The only controller that I threw all over the room was my X-Arcade thanks to you giving me a ass beating in Capcom vs. SNK every time we played.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
J_Hendrix:
Wow! Since my grandfather borrowed my neogeo, I went to him and asked about my neogeo. I got my machine back after 8years and later on, I notice that my joystick didn´t work correctly so my dad fixed up and volia! This may help you.

Take your time and bring your stuff subcase. Now screw up the pieces and open the lock of the joystick itself. Now look after the wires which is connected to your B button. If i remember right, there is red, blue, green, brown, yellow, white, black and turkos I think.

See if you can find the wires which goes directly to the B button and if the cables has been cutted out, you just have to glow it!

Explain the problems to me, then I will help you correctly because my stick went broken too before, so I know it!
Everything is hooked up fine. There are no problems with the cords being connected to the buttons. This is why I am so confused as to what is wrong with the damn thing.

J_Hendrix

Mr. Big's Thug
Try pressing the B button 100times!!!fast!

If this dosen´t work, try to look at the inside of the button itself, under there. Check closely and you may find something.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
There could be dirt between the contacts. Also make sure the button is actually making contact with the traces under it (no big gap). If it is, then take a multimeter and check the controller end and connector end to see if the wire hasn't snapped somewhere in the cable.