Where to get this part?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
Fujitsu MB3516A

Had no luck finding a sample order form, and of course don't plan on buying quantities of 1000s.
I believe this is the RGB encoder used in the Jrok.. I'd like to give it a go and will supply diagrams if it works.. that way people could build their own jrok.
any place that sells them in smaller quantities? preferably shipping to europe, but not necessary.

That Fuji chip seems at first glance to be pin-compatible with the Sony CXA1645 series. Unless jrok's changed his design (my jrok is one of his first revisions) I found the two to be very different. In any case, Jrok's PCB works for be because of a pre-encoder IC he has doing something to the sync. Without that many arcade boards just won't sync at all.

Edit: It is the same, basically, but according to babelfish (And YMMV on the meaning):

The CXA1645M interchangeability, IC after that with investigation MM1268 from the MITSUMI is sold. After, the CXA1645M superior interchangeability, IC MB3516A from Fujitsu is sold. How whether the superior interchangeability when you say, because the necessary external part is rather reduced, when this way enters into the hand, the happy feeling.
So it appears if you can't find the Fuji part just use the Sony (And there's one in every console in your house). =)

<small>[ August 16, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: NEOGEOman ]</small>

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
hmm.. I couldn't find anything resembling another IC on the jrok pcb pics (ver. 3.x).. there's one black "thingy" on the bottom, but I believe that to be the crystal.
looking closely at the pic, it appears the sync line goes straight from the connector to the sync-in pin of the chip.

<small>[ August 16, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Arakon ]</small>

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
most older consoles use the 1145.. which use 1645? I think the newer model 2 genny did.. what else?

I'll dig mine out and compare them, there's definitely at least 2 ICs on it going by memory.

The Saturn, PSX, and NEO CDs all use the CXA1645.