Question about Dunk Dreams (aka: Street Hoops) for the Neo Geo

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
I own the JP version of this game known as Dunk Dreams. However I have a US system and the game plays in JP settings. The teams are Countries and not the States of the US. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
You must have a Euro Neo, providing that the game is still in english. The Euro settings give the teams as countries, but in english.

Does it spell color like "colour" too?

LOL!

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
I am pretty sure I have a US system. Is there any sure way of knowing without opening it?

Thanks

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I would say with the dunk dreams playing in english with the full country would tell you easy enough. That is the only game I can think of that has 3 differnt names and playing styles for the different regions. If it was a us system it would play in the us country only. I think in european mode it also comes up with street slam as the name. I would have to double check. it is street hoop in US mode.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
go strickly by memory without running home and playing the games again. if I remeber right the time of play for each half is differnt also. not sure about the other aspect other then euro and japan use the world teams and US uses only american teams.

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
The title screen says Street Hoop. Also my Neo has the FCC sticker on the bottom. Does the European Neo have an FCC sticker? (I kind of doubt it but I am not 100% sure)

Thanks

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Then your Neo is a Euro. If it were US it'd say "STREET SLAM!" and if it were JP it'd say "Duuuuunnnkk Dreeeeaaaamms!"

strhoop16.gif

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

[This message has been edited by Billkwando (edited October 04, 2000).]