Recently aquired AES.. I need some help, please

m3tal_s1ug

n00b
Hello Neo-Geo forums!
I am a new member to these forums, and its great to see all the devoted Neo-Geo fans! I was referred here by an existing member. I was lucky enough to come across a neo-geo AES console about a month ago. I was very excited to even just get to handle one up close. I got a chance to test out the hardware before buying it, and unfortunately it did not get a video signal when hooked up via a suspicious looking RF adaptor. The guy I bought it from sold it to me for fairly cheap, so I bought it as a "project", in hopes of getting it working. I would be very appreciative of any help or advice I can gather from the members and tech experts here on the Neo-Geo.com forums. I can provide picture on request if it is of any help.

:help:

Thanks in advance!
m3tal_s1ug

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
No RF video signal at all? Still have snow on the TV when you turn it on?

Are you sure the AC adapter is the correct one and is working?

m3tal_s1ug

n00b
Yes, unfortunately just snow on the tv. I am pretty sure the power cable is the correct one, because it says "SNK" on the bottom side. Although I think the RF is not the original because there is an adaptor that goes from the system to an RF adaptor. :spock:

m3tal_s1ug

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
First thing to try is probably another rf adapter or get a component out cable and try it with that. If you can post a pic of your current rf adapter I'm sure someone can tell you if it is the correct one.

Cheers,
-DT

*EDIT* Ooops! I meant to type composite out up there! */EDIT*

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Not familiar with the AES, but dont they have composite out as standard - why use modulated RF, thats the worst way to go ?