Fake MVS casings

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I know there are fake casings out there for MVS carts. Can someone tell me how to identify them? I have one cart that has no label and the case only has one specific difference from all my others: the arrow which is usually painted on (white or black), is part of the mold, not painted. I think I may have one other one like this, though, I'm can't remember.

I don't really care either way, I'm just curious if that's a sign of a fake case or not?

EDIT: I just realized that the couple white carts I have are also like this, so I guess that's not a sign of a fake? What are some ways one can tell?

Here's a pic:

cart01.jpg

The boards are original, though, which is all that really matters :)

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm wondering about this myself. I think those black ones with the arrow molded into the plastic may be fake, but I'm not sure.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Hmm, interesting. Is the texture of the plastic the same as your other (original) black cases? I know the transparent blue Yaton ones are a little rough in comparison.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but I believe it seems exactly the same other than the arrow. I'll drag it out tonight and see to be sure, though.

Will be looking to trade this one soon anyway, but if it's a fake case, I'd like to list it as such. It has no label at the moment either, but the boards are 100% legit.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I know what they look like too. I have one. It came from a bootleg. But it's the realest bootleg shell I've ever seen, as it's just like a real one, except for the arrow. I used it to recase my Kizuna Encounter I got from yaton.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Nice, thanks for the info. It does look pretty damn good, though.

jar155

n00b
I'm not sure it's a boot. Aren't some of the later games in those type of cases?

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Well, the MS4 I just got is in a silmilar case, but it has a matte finish rather than the usual glossy kind. But it's much nicer than this one is.

Also, I should add that the two halves of this one don't match up quite right...where the label goes is where it's most noticeable. I put a nice label on it, but it doesn't stay down perfectly since the two halves aren't level with one another.

jar155

n00b
Ah, I didn't notice the glossy sheen on it. Hmmm, I've seen the matte finish before, but never the glossy in that style.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Mattroid said:
Well, the MS4 I just got is in a silmilar case, but it has a matte finish rather than the usual glossy kind. But it's much nicer than this one is.

Also, I should add that the two halves of this one don't match up quite right...where the label goes is where it's most noticeable. I put a nice label on it, but it doesn't stay down perfectly since the two halves aren't level with one another.
No, the MS4 case is always like that. It's totally different than the white arrow case in question.