Hello, I am finally able to introduce myself! :D

kirax7

Cheng's Errand Boy
Oh my god I can finally post! Anyways, I'm wanting to formally introduce myself to the community... I'm completely new to the NeoGeo scene and I only recently got started because I bought a NeoGeo Pocket Color on EBay a little while back with 5 games. I'm planning on completing my NGPC collection before moving on to other things... anyways, I'm sure some of you have seen me floating around the boards posting in random topics but you'll be seeing more of me now. :D

I would like to ask something about my NGPC... it was brand new, sealed in the box when I purchased it and the games while not in their original boxes have never been used before. My question is... should I open this system and hold it in my sweaty nerd hands and behold its sexiness first hand? Being a collector of retro stuff I'd hate to open the system... but at the same time these things are really hard to come across and they are rather expensive if you do find them online or out in a shop somewhere.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
kirax7 said:
I'm planning on completing my NGPC collection before moving on to other things...(snip)... should I open this system and hold it in my sweaty nerd hands and behold its sexiness first hand?

OK so first of all...you're planning on buying ALL the NGPC games, but you're not sure if you want to, y'know, actually use it?

:spock:

Yes, you should open your video games and play them, unless you want to either keep them on a shelf or resell them -- but if either of these is the case, you should probably re-evaluate your reasons for being in this hobby.

Furthermore, if there are batteries inside the box (though I'm not sure if it came with batteries included or not, I've never bought a new one), you will have to open it eventually or the batteries will leak and ruin it.

kirax7 said:
Being a collector of retro stuff I'd hate to open the system... but at the same time these things are really hard to come across and they are rather expensive if you do find them online or out in a shop somewhere.

They're not hard to come across and they're not expensive in the least (not sure where you got that idea). And with the exception of a handful of games, NGPC games without boxes or manuals are pretty much a dime a dozen.

So, in conclusion: open it and have fun. It doesn't impress as much post-GBA but it has several solid fighters and cardfighter's clash is AMAZING.