MVS monitor issues...replacement?

shirokaze

n00b
I recently obtained an MVS cabinet in fairly good condition. The only issue is the monitor, which appears slightly dim (displays all colors though) no matter how much I mess with the contrast/brightness settings. The "crispness" that should be there is definitely lacking, and since obtaining a converted cab with Mortal Kombat that uses a monitor in great condition, the difference between the two is night and day.

Are 25'' replacement monitors that will work with MVS systems still fairly easy to come by? What prices? How easy are they to replace?

Also, could a brightness issue be caused by the capacitors? Would it be worth it to try and obtain a cap kit prior to buying a new monitor?

Either way I'd probably call a tech to get it done, monitor work frightens me quite a bit (dangerous...)

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
http://www.happcontrols.com/monitors/49072600.htm
$618 + shipping
New Wells Gardner.
shirokaze said:
Either way I'd probably call a tech to get it done, monitor work frightens me quite a bit (dangerous...)
I'd just get a tech to fix it then, the average price here (in Va Beach) is about 100 - 200$ and that includes someone picking up and removing the monitor, repair, and reinstall.

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Cap kit is cake. The problem could be fixed with it... or it may just be a weak CRT. If that's the case it would need to be zapped with a CRT Rejuvenator. A TV repair shop near you should be able to help you with that.

RJ

jimc787

n00b
shirokaze said:
I recently obtained an MVS cabinet in fairly good condition. The only issue is the monitor, which appears slightly dim (displays all colors though) no matter how much I mess with the contrast/brightness settings. The "crispness" that should be there is definitely lacking, and since obtaining a converted cab with Mortal Kombat that uses a monitor in great condition, the difference between the two is night and day.

Are 25'' replacement monitors that will work with MVS systems still fairly easy to come by? What prices? How easy are they to replace?

Also, could a brightness issue be caused by the capacitors? Would it be worth it to try and obtain a cap kit prior to buying a new monitor?

you should try getting it rejuvenated