Metal Slug conversion - slowdown normal?

ObeyGeo

Crazed MVS Addict
I've decided not to get one of those MVS converters as they sound too unreliable, however I have bought two conversion carts for my AES system: Metal Slug and Neo Turf Masters. Obviously buying the originals would cost like $3500 and even the MVS carts aren't super cheap.

Question is: How bad is the slow down in Metal Slug? I've only played it on emulators before and now with this conversion cart. There's no major spot of slow down, but sometimes it seems to slowdown when it shouldn't (ie: not much on screen). 100% of the time when it does the "Mission Complete" and the letters fly off the screen it slows way down also.

Is this normal behavior or potentially a conversion issue? I also have an original Metal Slug 5 AES and it's got zero slow down anywhere - but it's a much newer game.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
ObeyGeo said:
the MVS carts aren't super cheap.

The slow down is normal, especially #2. It is well documented around here.
Should be able to pick up MS1 for < $30, thats cheap

SSS

neo retired
You could've gotten a full size neo geo cab with all the slugs in MVS format for the same amount you've payed for all the homecart crap.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
ObeyGeo said:
Obviously buying the originals would cost like $3500 and even the MVS carts aren't super cheap.

You need to check out run4border on ebay...he sells mountains of MVS metal slug carts for dirt cheap. Like, often less than $20 a pop.

Gamer's condition of course, but all original, as far as I know.

ObeyGeo

Crazed MVS Addict
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
You could've gotten a full size neo geo cab with all the slugs in MVS format for the same amount you've payed for all the homecart crap.

Cabs? They don't do "it" for me emotionally, and besides I have no space for them. Plus I can't stand the look of the cheap MVS carts - call me an AES snob or whatever but I prefer the whole look of the home cart package. Although in the case of Metal Slug 1 it's just too damn expensive hence the conversion cart... and hey if I get the space someday maybe my AES collection could fund an entire room of cabs with my favorite games :mr_t:

thanks for the slowdown answers though guys, now I'm sure it's the game and nothing to do with the conversion.