Tekken 2 in a 4-slot Neo MVS Candy

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Ok, so I'm new with the concept of trading out Jamma boards in an arcade. I recently picked up a Tekken 2 PCB for cheap and want to throw it in my Candy Cab. I know that the Jamma wiring for a 4 slot is different then generic Jamma (to account for the stereo I heard) and research has shown me that the kick buttons in tekken 2 are assigned to the "kick harness".

I've seen through pictures people soldering wires from the kick harness over to the jamma harness to put the buttons on the jamma harness. Would I be able to solder wires from the kick over to buttons C and D on my 4 slot without much difficulty or are C and D pins being used by Tekken at all for something else? Are there any adaptors that would make my life easy with this? I'd like to get into buying more jamma arcade boards to throw into my candy cab. I'm wondering if I should rewire it for generic jamma and use an adaptor for when I have in my 4 slot making it easier to play other arcade boards.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

Pas

Camel Slug
It would not be hard to build a converter. Just pick up a finger board and edge connector from some place like jammaboards.com (Im sure there are others but this is where I bought mine to make a converter for another board I have). Here is a good reference for making your own converter to see the differences on one page:http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/Jamma2NeoGeo4SlotPinout.pdf

I have thought about building one of these for awhile. You can get one that goes the MVS>JAMMA but not JAMMA>MVS. I may make a nice PCB layout and have some professionaly made if enough people are interested. I know I could use one and figure more people out there could as well. I would definatly build in a mono>both speaker (normal JAMMA to MVS with both speakers giving mono output) as well as a external input>stereo MVS for boards that have their own stereo output seperate from the JAMMA connector...such as an Atomiswave.