XRGB-3 SHORTAGE! discontinued product?

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Hey,

I didn't find any other threads about what happened to this thing? It used to be on every import website from here to well.. japan. I currently have been trying to find one, and even the retail stores I order from in Japan are out of stock.

Why was this product discontinued? Anyone have any idea about this?

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
all X-RGB's were limited in production and most of the time out of stock on majority of websites because they are fairly popular and people were ordering them, and yeah X-RGB-3 already is no longer being made, so your best bet is to buy it used from someone.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Why are they discontinued if they are so popular? This seems very weird to me.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If you go by the trend,there may be an XRGB-4 on the horizon...
BB

ravenmgs said:
Why are they discontinued if they are so popular? This seems very weird to me.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
that's definitely the case with X-RGB, they are getting discontinued because of the superior newcomer on the horizon, we may see X-RGB-4 very soon indeed.

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The XRGB 3 has problems with really bad lag, and less features than the 2+. Not too long ago it was universally bashed by the HT crowd because it couldn't be used to effectivly play old and even new games on LCD tvs.

They stopped production very early even by their standards. I too wouldn't be suprised to see a 4 or even 3+. For now I'd go with a used 2+, no lag problems.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Yeah I'm waiting for the XRGB-4.

BTW does it really make that much of a difference on a LCD TV? (as I have never seen one in use).

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I had them all, specifically speaking - tested XRGB-3 on lcd (while playing Neo Geo) looked really unimpressive, add to that widescreen mode and you got yourself poor presentation overal.
what is weird I couldn't get it to work on my hdtv crt via dvi port, that was weird because dvi was one of the reasons I did go after xrgb-3, couldn't get anything on screen, but it worked via dvi on my crt monitor.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
From the reviews I saw on the 3, I chose to get a 2+ from Yahoo Japan. If the very possible 3+/4 truly delivers... I'm all over that sucker.