6slot has taken the shit....

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/?action=view&current=0809071906.flv

Well, I'm not sure what to do with this. It was suggested that the powersupply was bad, but I changed it out recently with no luck. I've tried reseating the boards and socketed chips but no luck there either. The board has been extensively cleaned and I've tried both stock bios and the Unibios to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

For the record, the cab is okay. The sound and monitor both work fine with other pcbs installed. (hyper64, cps2, etc)

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
pm channelmaniac....He'll repair at a very reasonable cost. Have you checked under the battery? Alot of times they go, and just start eating traces on the underside of the board

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
N80G80 said:
pm channelmaniac....He'll repair at a very reasonable cost. Have you checked under the battery? Alot of times they go, and just start eating traces on the underside of the board

Ditto on that..:buttrock:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks guys.

Circa, does it make clicking noises in the speakers when it does that garbled video?

If so, it's stuck and the watchdog circuit is trying to knock it over the head to get the system started. It's a rough loop that continues forever.

RJ

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
It's not really a clicking, but just a constant low, muffled static. It isn't very loud, so it's a bit hard to hear in the video.