2nd round of SNK cards for UFS CCG

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Sabertooth Games' UFS (Universal Fighting System) collectible card game added KOF2006 (aka KOF:MI2) and SamShoV (aka SamSpiZero) to its list of licensed properties last year (other IPs are Street Fighter, Soul Calibur III, and Penny Arcade). In August, they'll be releasing a new SCIII expansion (Higher Calibur) as well as the 2nd expansion for the SNK license (Fortune & Glory). Each expansion will feature 99 new cards, with 11 characters for SNK and 6 characters for SCIII:

*** SNK characters (Fortune & Glory) ***
Billy Kane
Nightmare Geese
K'
Luise
Mai
Seth

Genjuro
Jubei
Sankuro
Tam Tam
Ukyo

*** SCIII characters (Higher Calibur) ***
Astaroth
Cassandra
Cervantes
Ivy
Seong Mi-na
Voldo

That's right, Domino-chan: they're giving you both Billy and Geese in the same expansion (plus more stuff for Ukyo) <Dom-chan explodes in 3... 2... 1...> One thing I've liked about UFS is it's got a history of including the oddball characters along with the popular flagship standards, and the inclusion of Sankuro is proof of Sabertooth's continued support of the oddballs.

EDIT: The street date on the new expansions is Friday, 8/17, with the pre-release events being conducted the previous weekend, 8/10-8/12 (Fri-Sun). Two pre-release event exclusive promo character cards will be available: ** Nightmare Geese ** and ****** Cervantes ******.

--Chris

Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
:qcf: :hcb: + :C: = :: Domino-chan explodes::

It's about friggin' time someone put out a Billy character card. I started straying away from the game, and this just might be the clencher to get me back... at least to collect them.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
are anyone looking for some cards,
i bought 2 of the booster packs and a few of the small packs.
i thought they would be more of a collectible thing.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
rarehero said:
are anyone looking for some cards,
i bought 2 of the booster packs and a few of the small packs.
i thought they would be more of a collectible thing.
Can you PM me with the names of the cards you got in your boosters, rarehero?

twoheadeddragon.com has images of new SNK promo character cards:
*Billy Kane*
*Duke* (image broken currently)
*Lilly Kane*
*Luise*

*Jubei*
*Mina*
*Sogetsu*
*Yumeji*

Yep, Dom-chan, they're totally out to get you: Geese & Billy in the new expansion, and promos for Lilly & Sogetsu in the tournament prize packs. I was surprised and pleased to see Yumeji in the new round of promos.

--Chris

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I started playing this game some months ago (and I never played a CCG before) and I'm totally addicted to it. I started with Ken, and finished spending a ridiculous amount of money :emb:

Really fun. Anybody else playing this?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Can you PM me with the names of the cards you got in your boosters, rarehero?

twoheadeddragon.com has images of new SNK promo character cards:
*Billy Kane*
*Duke* (image broken currently)
*Lilly Kane*
*Luise*

*Jubei*
*Mina*
*Sogetsu*
*Yumeji*

Yep, Dom-chan, they're totally out to get you: Geese & Billy in the new expansion, and promos for Lilly & Sogetsu in the tournament prize packs. I was surprised and pleased to see Yumeji in the new round of promos.

--Chris

Hmmm... Billy can compliment Vega (chaos), Adon AND Kazuki (death)...

Yes, this doesn't bode well for me... :(

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
yea, sure.
i remember alot of basic cards, like terry and all.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
I've been waiting for another SNK set since last year when the 1st one came out. Every card will have a block on it. I hope this helps weaken Aggro decks which are currently dominating with 2nd turn kills. I think it will since I just played with the new battle box (Ryu vs. Akuma) which has 98% blocks and was quite hard for the decks to kill each other. Too hard in fact.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I picked up 2 starter 8 pack boxs and a box of the boasters. Figured I will give them away as prizes this year.

I am working on getting our board Gaming Guy to Setup Some UFS tournaments this year. Just need someone who knows the rules well to run the tournaments.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Mad Mage said:
I've been waiting for another SNK set since last year when the 1st one came out. Every card will have a block on it. I hope this helps weaken Aggro decks which are currently dominating with 2nd turn kills. I think it will since I just played with the new battle box (Ryu vs. Akuma) which has 98% blocks and was quite hard for the decks to kill each other. Too hard in fact.

The Watch, Taunt, and a few other cards CAN stop BS combo strings.

(E.g.: that bullshit necksnap combo)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
taitai said:
The Watch, Taunt, and a few other cards CAN stop BS combo strings.

(E.g.: that bullshit necksnap combo)

bwahahaha

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I just bought the Ryu vs Akuma battle pack. I'll use some of its cards for my void deck(s) such as Ryu's Shoryuken EXTRA and a few foundations. Maybe I'll set-up a deck based on Akuma's one, we'll see.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
oh man, friday night at amanos then

party animal

get your woolie jumpers on

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Akuma looks like he could be crazy fierce with a bunch of one control check cards. My favorite new card would have to be Full Power

1/4 foundation +3 high block

F: commit: choose either 1, 2, or 3. For the rest the turn if a player checks that number, that can recheck (once per check).

I put it in a deck where all the attacks have control 3 and all the foundations have control 5 ('cept Full power). Now if I have that foundation out nearly all of my checks will be five.

I need to trade for one more to complete a set.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Actually, full power has a diff of 0 and is the one and only void foundation accomplishing that. Looks really good for certain decks, but not mine right now.
Anyway, packing 1's and 2's are really dangerous in the first 1 or 2 turns unless your Akuma himself, as they can mess you before you get those foundations out and an aggro deck can kill you before you recover from it.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
If any of the Las Vegas members are free Saturday evening, Hosehead's Hobbies (SW corner of Flamingo/Buffalo) will be holding a pre-release event starting at 6pm, 8/11/07, for the new SNK & SCIII expansions for UFS. It'll be a booster draft event, $20 gets you 6 boosters (any 6 from the new expansions -- go all SNK, all SCIII, or mix-&-match) and you build a "mini-deck" with the cards you get in the boosters. There's a new Cervantes promo character card and a Nightmare Geese promo available to participants, and Hosehead's will likely give additional new booster packs as prizes as they've done for previous pre-release events (the higher you place, the more boosters in your prize).

BTW, Dom-chan, I picked up a couple of Kilik foil singles for you at Dark Tower last week -- Lilly Kane has 2 symbols that appear on just about all of Kilik's cards, so she's got a mess o' stick-fightin' cards available to her right out the gate. Just gotta get a copy of Lilly now...

--Chris

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Dash no Chris said:
If any of the Las Vegas members are free Saturday evening, Hosehead's Hobbies (SW corner of Flamingo/Buffalo) will be holding a pre-release event starting at 6pm, 8/11/07, for the new SNK & SCIII expansions for UFS. It'll be a booster draft event, $20 gets you 6 boosters (any 6 from the new expansions -- go all SNK, all SCIII, or mix-&-match) and you build a "mini-deck" with the cards you get in the boosters. There's a new Cervantes promo character card and a Nightmare Geese promo available to participants, and Hosehead's will likely give additional new booster packs as prizes as they've done for previous pre-release events (the higher you place, the more boosters in your prize).

BTW, Dom-chan, I picked up a couple of Kilik foil singles for you at Dark Tower last week -- Lilly Kane has 2 symbols that appear on just about all of Kilik's cards, so she's got a mess o' stick-fightin' cards available to her right out the gate. Just gotta get a copy of Lilly now...

--Chris

Animevegas staff meeting :oh_no:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Dash no Chris said:
Images of the :::Cervantes::: and :Nightmare Geese: promo character cards went up on Sabertooth Games' website yesterday.

I think they were already up since some weeks ago. Anyway that Cervantes looks sick, as he can generate a lot of momentum out o the Chaos symbol thanks to Hop and Whereabouts Unknown...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
KumagaiToshiro said:
I think that's Geese.

Well I'll be... you're right.

He looked bald on my work compy. And that scar doesn't help much.