Whats the most irritating move ever!?!

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Why, I'd have to say that it's the Genocide Cutter! God, I HATE THAT MOVE!!! Any other opinions?

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
winpose.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Nominally I would agree with you, but when you have the volume turned up reeeally loud in KOF '98, and you are subjected to non-stop "Telepoht!" back and forth, back and forth.... Oh God that's just toture, what a mean friend I have.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
If you play the computer in harder-hardest mode, any moves get annoying--esp. when they cheat you to death, or kill you when your about to finish them.

But, if it's most annoying, it has to be the finishing death moves by Shin Ryu/Akuma. Normally, that move is useless, but in the hands of an expert player (or if you are unlucky), you are bound to get killed by it--at least once. In some situation, that move is impossible to avoid. Then you have to bear the constant humiliation like..."You got killed by THAT move?". No matter how good you are, or think you are at that particular videogame, nothing lowers your ego faster than getting beat by that move
smile.gif
The PAIN. The PAIN...

From that stance, Geese/Rock's final moves also qualify--they are easier to avoid, though.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 19, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

If you want to talk annoying character sounds, the French/Italian Fencer from Breakers & Breakers Revenge makes THE MOST ANNOYING moan whenever he dodges, attacks, or gets hit (he's Italian in Breakers, but then they make him French in Breaker's Revenge
rolleyes.gif
)

He's unbelievably annoying, it makes him unplayable. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Bobak!

I

Iori

NBM, Teleport is bad but Psycho Ball/Sword is even worse. I thought my ears would start bleeding when I first heard that voice, and as I always say, "Any higher, and only dogs would hear her."

Iori-I also hate Orochi's Godbeam, 100% guaranteed to ruin someone's day.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Yes, that stupid twat Pielle! God I can't stand him, so I do my best to finish him off as quickly as possible.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
If one move in a game makes me want to smash my TV it would have to be Rugal and his cheap as shit GENOCIDE CUTTER!!!!!

As a regular move it`s just mildly annoying, but when the computer kills you with it and evrything slows down and you hear-" Genocide CAAA-TAAAAAA!!! That fucking pisses me off!!!!

------------------

And knowing is half the battle.

[This message has been edited by lemonflav (edited January 20, 2001).]

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I'd have to agree with Lemonflav...Genocide Cutter is REALLY irritating. Along that line Vega's Psycho crusher in SFZ3 is REALLY irritating as well. It takes up the ENTIRE screen!!! does alot of damage as well. To go back and get nestalgic, how bout Goro from MK when he picked you up and beat your chest and then slammed you on the ground!!!Then teleport on you and stomp on you!! That was really irritating too!!!

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

D

DigiPunk

I would have to say it's Althena's "Psycho Ball" Move from KoF 98. That is the most annoying move, and the computer just loves doing it over and over.

------------------
Phantasy Star Online 2001.30.01
A simple formula
Phantasy Star + Sonic Team + Online = No life and no regrets.

ss2_cafnicotinestand.gif

DigiPunk - Part time Evil SNK, Full time hardcore gamer.

Cros

n00b
Hmmm, I'll be original here...

Bruce from Tekken: 3,2,1 (Gattling Combo or whatever it's called). It takes no effort, it's quick as hell, it juggles, and with a triple knee tacked on the end, you're looking at some major damage. I’ve seen newbies abusing this move and trashing middle track players; no effort, no skill.

Playing against someone who uses this move over and over, destroys the fun of Tekken. Where as similar effects can be obtained from a wgf, that at least requires skill to do the controller motion quickly (f,N,d,d/f+2).

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yep, have to agree with many of you and say Genocide Cutter is pretty bad. Another vote of mine goes out to Goenitz's move in KOF '96 where he can produce a tornado wall seemingly anywhere that completely extends the height of the screen.

And why are you all saying Athena is annoying? Leave my poor Athena alone!
smile.gif

I

Iori

Originally posted by Eclipse:

And why are you all saying Athena is annoying? Leave my poor Athena alone!
smile.gif

Eclipse, you must be a bat or dog or something to be able to listen to a frquency that high and not resulting in your ears bleeding. That goddamn c--- is irritating, SNK loses some major points creating the character and a shitload more points for making her a major character. After all, who really likes to hear the incessant calling of "Psycho Ball" or "Psycho Sword"? A favor to the gaming world should be done, and here's to hoping the ending of team Psycho Soldier in KOF 2001 has Athena in an unfortunate accident involving a woodchipper. This rant is over.

------------------
vicecharge.gif

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
*gasp* Well, to avoid a War Room-like post, I'll just say you're wrong and I'm right!
biggrin.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I agree with Iori. I largely hated her in '94. I outright despised her in every sequel. Maybe she should get maiden mashed to death this year... or suicide out of depression for disappointing her fans.

I

Iori

Make it the old Maiden Masher that they used until '98

------------------
vicecharge.gif

[This message has been edited by Iori (edited January 27, 2001).]

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
im not really
annoyed by any
move in particular
but i know every
one i play against
gets pretty pissed
off when i roll next
to them and
do changs command
throw
its great when
you roll into them
and they just block
just waiting for
the beat down
heh heh
suckers!

[This message has been edited by rarehero (edited January 28, 2001).]

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Originally posted by Eclipse:
And why are you all saying Athena is annoying? Leave my poor Athena alone! :)[/B]

Most of the players that I know don't hate Athena herself, just her voice(s). That's also what makes NGP/NGPC versions of Athena so great. Why that voice actress hasn't been shot yet, I'll never know. Or maybe she has. I don't know.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Really, I don't think her voice is annoying. If you fired off 10 Psycho Balls in a row, it would probably be annoying simply because it's repetitive. But I think it would be annoying in that sense for any character.

Actually, I can't think of a character's voice in any video game that I think is so annoying that I hate the character for *just* that reason. Bao comes close though.
smile.gif

But since liking a voice/character is purely subjective in the first place, I'll leave it at that.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
ALL of Mukuro's moves!!! "BLEEEH?!?!!?" "BLEHEHEHEH!!!!!" AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! i hate HIM!! He just jumps and impales you with that goddamn blade and then he does the fuckin boomerang thing ("SHEHEHEAAAA!!")!! GOD i hate that bastard!

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Originally posted by Cros:
Hmmm, I'll be original here...

Bruce from Tekken: 3,2,1 (Gattling Combo or whatever it's called). It takes no effort, it's quick as hell, it juggles, and with a triple knee tacked on the end, you're looking at some major damage. I’ve seen newbies abusing this move and trashing middle track players; no effort, no skill.

Playing against someone who uses this move over and over, destroys the fun of Tekken. Where as similar effects can be obtained from a wgf, that at least requires skill to do the controller motion quickly (f,N,d,d/f+2).

Then maybe those players weren't so "middle track" after all. I have heard this kind of arguement probably a billion times. The bottom line is this; if some supposed "newbie" comes up to a machine and trashes you (and when I say you, I don't mean you in particular) with the same combo over and over, then the problem doesn't lie with the "newbie" but with the other guy. Let me illustrate:

Scrub: Man, that guy keeps doing that combo over and over again...That's so cheap! Boo Hoo Boo Hoo! Tekken isn't fun any more. You ruined it waaaa,waaaaa.

Expert: Hmmmm, that guy seems to be using the same combo...I know, I will sit back and think of a way to use my character's abilities to counter that combo! If that doesn't work, I will simply try my best to ensure that I keep the situations that he can use it to a minimum.

Do you see the difference? I absoulutely can not believe how much whining I hear in arcades these days. I actually had some punk try to tell me that I was playing cheap because I was blocking. BLOCKING! Blocking is one of the most fundamental aspects of fighting games. What, is there some kind of goddamned formula that tells you how many times you are allowed to block in a game? "Well, for every five punches you throw, you are only allowed to block once." Give me a friggin' break. Back when my friends and I started playing SF2, we were constantly analyzing each others play styles to find a way to one up each other. Remember how you could throw a slow sonic boom with Guile, follow it, and then throw? I got that used on me probably five times in a row. The thing is, I didn't sit around and cry about how "cheap" it was, I found a way to stop it. Anyone who might be reading this, here is the bottom line. If you can't necessarily counter a certain move, analyze the series of events that set it in motion and then avoid it. Take for example the infinites in MVC2 that everyone seems to be bitching about. For those combos to work, certain things have to happen. Either you or your opponent have to be in a certain place, certain moves have to be done, and other various conditions have to be met before it will work. Find out what those conditions are and tailor your fighting style to keep the match flowing in way that those conditions won't occur. No matter how "cheap" something may appear, there is always a way around it.

Jeff

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
The one move I really find irratating is Terry's rising tackle in 99,2000. I am a Fatal Fury fan so naturally I choose to pick Andy and Terry often. I found I could kick but with Terry when his ris. tackle was down quater cir. forward, instead of hold down then up.............NEONUT