Best Fake Out Moves (or "sucker punches") in Fighting Games

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
There is nothing better then playing a fighting game against a friend. Playing against the computer is just not the same thing. I love playing against another highly skilled player in a battle of "wits". Trying to trick the other player into making a mistake can be a lot of fun.

So here's my question: What are your favorite trick moves for faking out and beating human opponents? I believe NeoGeo games provide almost a countless assortment of tricks to use.

Here are a few tricks I use:

In SS2 as Ukyo, I like to stand next to a fallen opponent (but out of grab range) and quickly hit low D (crouching light kick). As the opponent starts to get up, they usually will go into a duck to block the low kicks. I then quickly do a "swallow slice" right off the ground, which will hit a crouching opponent and act as a hopping guard crush. Sweet!

With SS2 hanzo, I like to jump at my opponent as he is starting to stand (after being knocked down). The opponents first instinct will be to block high to avoid Hanzo's dreaded AB slash. Instead of slashing at the opponent from the air, I just simply land right next to him and do a "strike heads" before he can react. Whoop!

I will try to think of some more later!

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

D

DigiPunk

My main man caffenine nicotine is the king of fake-outs...

Let's see..

There's the "phuk your controls up" move, a deadly move that is waaaaaaay under-used and takes people by surprise. Reverse dragonpunch motion with strong slash and up on the stick to them becomes down and vice-versa.

Then there is the staff grab. Fearsome.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. Why SNK didn't put C. Nicotine in SS3 and 4 is beyond me.

------------------
Phantasy Star Online 2001.30.01
A simple formula
Phantasy Star + Sonic Team + Online = No life and no regrets.

ss2_cafnicotinestand.gif

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Yea man I hear ya. C. Nicotine is a great character. In fact, the opponent I used to fear the most while playing SS2 was some guy who always used Nicotine. He was wicked with him. He came at me with so many tricks, I could never figure out an effective strategy against him.

I miss those days in the campus arcade.

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I`ve been in the fighting game scene since Street Fighter 2 came out, and let me tell ya, I`ve seen so many different fake out moves that are cheap, like the classic " jab, throw ", in the first Street Fighter 2. Damn, that was fucking cheap!
But I`ve came up with one that even tricks the best of them. It goes like this: Say your playing the average fighting game, which includes fireball motions, simple make the motion and insted of hitting a punch button to complete the move hit short kick. That way your opponent hears your controller motion and see`s your on screen animation, and thinks that your going to throw a fireball. You simple wait for the dumbass to jump at you and bingo, they get dragonpunched!! It seems simple and stupid but it works, trust me!

------------------

And knowing is half the battle.