Sun RGB monitors and a supergun

lavalyte

New Challenger
Has anyone tried to get a supergun working with one of the older 21" sun sparcstation monitors? I know they were RGB but I don't know if they sync down low enough.

Pas

Camel Slug
I used to work with sun sparc stations all the time back in the day. Most of the older monitors were fixed frequency monitors (as were most of the SGI and WYSE monitors I believe). However it all depended on which monitor you were looking at. Here is a good place to find some info but I dont remember most of them syncing low enough to do arcade work...I may be wrong...its been quite a few years now.

Last edited:

lavalyte

New Challenger
Pas said:
I used to work with sun sparc stations all the time back in the day. Most of the older monitors were fixed frequency monitors (as were most of the SGI and WYSE monitors I believe). However it all depended on which monitor you were looking at. Here is a good place to find some info but I dont remember most of them syncing low enough to do arcade work...I may be wrong...its been quite a few years now.

It would be nice if they did... they had some lovely big monitors.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
most monitors for sparcstations run high res, with high sync rates. something like1152x1080 at 70hz

and most are fixed frequency, the multisync ones are all high res too. I have a nice one that I use with my sparcstation2 and my sgi indigo2.

cheers,
-DT