Fatal Fury 3 & LB2 (MVS)

JD

n00b
How do I play against the two twin. I played without losing and only got to play against one of them. Now to LB2 how do I input this code to play as the boss. Why are all the fighting games super moves this double fireball move or down back down back. Bring back the old joystick combinations to do super moves.

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
To fight the twins you must get good score;triple A and S ranks.Each rank is worth a different amount.Before defeating yamazaki in the southtown railroad you must get the appropriate amount of high scores.Depending on how good those scores are will determine if yamazaki is the last fighter(worst possible ranks needed) or you fight chonshu(lots of good ranks) and to fight vegita...oops I mean chonrei you need exceptional ranks.Good luck.One more thing;continuing decreases your chances of fighting the (saiya)jin twins.The more continues the worse your chances.Im not saying you cant continue but do not do it often.

the boss code for kouryu is:at charecter select screen,place cursor over kaede.Within 4 seconds input C ten times,then B five times,then C four times.You'll hear kouyu's voice to confirm it.

The reason most supers are two fireball motions these days is cause of ease of canceling from a regular attack.Old SNK fighting games had ludicrous motions for supers for two reasons
1)supers back then were truly devestating and even unblockable some times(art of fighting anyone?).Supers back then did alot more damage but were harder to do because of that extra power.They wanted to discourage people from exclusively using supers instead of learning how to fight.
2)canceling into a super was an unheard of thing back in the days.Such an idea was frightening back then so super motions were purposely made difficult to even impossible to cancel into.Example:laurence blood of fatal fury special.His super was DF,HCF,DB,F+BD.Ludicrous no?Now adays people want easy motions.Check capcoms marvel series.You can pull supers out with a simple fireball motion plus two buttons.wow....At least darkstalkers has complex button tapping supers like jab jab towards short fierce or strong jab back short forward.

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: HIDDEN WARRIOR ]

O

Omega

I like the two fireball motion for super arts. Personally the old SNK commands for super arts was very ridiculous and just took the fun out of the game. Why even include the move if its too hard for 95 out of 100 people to pull off?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Oddly, I find the double FB move quite a pain to execute simply because if you mess up even a tiny tiny bit, you end up with an upper cut (or power dunk, or whatever) that totally hangs you out to dry. Give me Ryo's HaoShoKuKen motion any day over a double FB move.

The truly kooky ones, I agree, are useless. But Ryo's FW, HCF + A/B or Terry's D, DB, B, DB, F + A/B are just fine and execute quite reliably. In fact, that is the one thing I don't like about MOTW is the fact that everything (just about) is 2 fireball motions.

Oh well...I guess I am of the old school. :(

JD

n00b
I held back in getting MOTW because of these double joystick move. All of the old fighting games moves were easy get off to me. Except for my all time favorite DM Heidern KOF94. I still can`t get the boss code to work in LB2. Send help please.

thanks guys.