He stands up, clears his throat, and says

G

grandgroove

my forum name is grandgroove, and I think this is a better vice than crack cocaine, promiscuous sex or trolling Myspace in search of underaged users.

Seriously, I'm new to the forum, and I wanted to introduce myself. I can remember picking up my jaw off of the floor at the Augusta, GA Babbage's as I played Baseball Stars on an in-store kiosk. I've also been a fan of SNK fighters since early 1995, when a friend forced me to the back room of a local Pizza Hut to see this "Fatal something" fighting game. From then, there's been a lot of coin spilled on SNK titles from the Game Boy on up to the PS2 and XBox. I never got around to owning any NG hardware, but I had access to the consoles. I live vicariously through MAME and the ports to other consoles.

My competitive skills aren't as sharp as they used to be, but I wouldn't mind dropping in on any local gatherings or events. I'm in the Atlanta area.

I love gadgets, and that's where most of my time goes. Outside of that, I'm gearing up for some running road races and meeting strength training goals.

I have been quietly reading through the forums for a while now, so I figured I'd jump in the fray.

Hope to talk to many of you down the road!

-GG

Last edited: