Falcoon and Yusa interview (interesting MI news)

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
taken off from Cyberfanatix:
An interview of KOF Maximum Impact: regulation A developers, Falcoon and Yusa is conducted by Fighters Front Line.

Full interview can be viewed HERE in Japanese.

Highlights of the interview are:

- KOFMIA is created especially to sort balance issues between characters, for better versus experience.
- The development suffered major setbacks due to 2 arcade and 1 PS2 KOF games being developed simultaneously.
- The series will have at least 6 games, with 1-3 being focused on Alba and Soiree story, and 4-6 probably exploring history in the Garou era.
- There will be more Tournament events like "Fighters 2006" from last year Tokyo Game Show.
- KOFMI for Xbox360, may or may not be KOFMIA.
- There were three reasons for Xiaolon showing up instead of Duo Lon
--- SNK wanted to explore the story of Flying Robbers (Ron's clan) more.
--- Duo Lon was already present in 2D KOF series.
--- Protagonist Team would not be complete without Shen Woo.
- Both arcade and PS2 versions are identical, except PS2 version having more modes (Practice, Single play, MMBB Online, Jukebox, Options etc.)
- Some characters have gained new special moves, compared to KOFMI2
- New and hidden backgrounds in KOFMIA
- No returning background from KOFMI.
- Every character costume has 4 different variations like KOFMI2 (Unlike, rumored 8 variations)
- Mizoguchi seiyuu (voice actor) is well-known and famous.
- SNK will consider releasing KOFMI3 on arcades based on success of KOFMIA.
- All KOFMI2 characters have same stories in KOFMIA.

here's hoping they will go with MIA for us 360 people (or at least give us something better!).
also, those last 3 MI games sound good...maybe like a psudo sequel for Mark of the Wolves.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
So they're going to create a pseudo Fatal Fury in 3D verse, makes sense since its what the KOF series mainly branched off from and they're already playing with it with Maximum Impact. I'm still hoping for a somewhat true 2D sequel to MOTW but I guess we'll see with the success of KOFXII.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
bah humbug

it takes more work to make a 3D game, so why not make a 2D one...

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Never really gave a crap about Lin, Ron and their whole background story. The only interesting aspect of the thing is that Ron targets Kensou, which means the kid will finally get some resemblance of a major role in a KOF game.

Otherwise, Lin, Ron, Duo Lon, Xiao Lon and any other members of the freak brigade that I may have forgotten can pull a K9999 for all I care.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
where the hell is the kof xii news.

is snk that starved for talent that one of their lead producers is one of their artists?:emb:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
not sonic said:
where the hell is the kof xii news.

is snk that starved for talent that one of their lead producers is one of their artists?:emb:

i was thinking the same thing as i created this thread...hell, i havent even played KOF XI and im eager to see something new about XII.

i kinda just live through combo movies off of youtube and shit like that.