Best Combo System in a Neo-Game award...give props!!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I was just wondering which Neo fighting game has the best combo system? Does anybody have a Clue? I don't own all of the KoF games. I just was interested in knowing of a GOOD GAME TO BUY FOR THE BEST COMBO SYSTEM\HOW FUN IT IS...\REPLY VALUE...\NOT TO MENTION GRAPHICS...ok I'll stop yelling now...post on!

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Without a doubt KoF '97. On top of great graphics & storyline + multiple endings, one gets the game most tailored to combo masters: crazy juggles (you just have to see some of the sick shit possible in this game), great & comboable supers, moves that don't connect in later installments and the general ability to turn almost any attack into something more. Keeping with the KoF tradition it's also got 100% combos (laugh in delight as your friends die from only one fatal mistake). It's got a lot of learning material in the game, with some alternate versions of characters (including bosses) bringing the total to 38, or 39 if you have access to the dip swtich settings. The character theme songs are extremely well done: they're wonderful, but of the stage music tracks, only the three boss levels have real music; the rest are just sad. Continue-free survivor mode is also a highly addicting factor.

All in all, you can't go wrong with this game. It has the combo system I would venture to say you're after, and one of the highest readings on the Digital Crack Scale. You won't be disappointed with it! provided you don't already have it. I do have one for sale, but that wasn't why I posted all this. The game is a real masterpiece and deserves all its good press.

Hope this answers the question for you.

Last Blade 2 gets my vote. The choice between "Power" & "Speed" styles supports different playing styles, as well as adding to the replay value of the game. The hidden "EX" class is also fun to explore, and offers many subtile differences from the "Speed" style. A decent cast (with a few really bad exceptions), and an interesting storyline add to the mix. The best thing about the game . . . if you know what's what, you can FU@#ING HURT people! A great game!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
SS3 w/ it's infinites (some chr). Once you get hit, it's over
smile.gif
Just kidding. Maybe that's why most people hate SS3

Innovator

Cheng's Errand Boy
If you want fair I'd probably go with KOF'98. If you want crazy I'd probably go with KOF'00. This the Marvel of KOF games (throw breaks can lead to combos) and I can only imagine the sick shit you can come with in 2000. I know I'm gonna go nuts in the practice mode when I get the game.

Neo Bomber Man: Yeah KOF'97 had ill combos. Choi was a combo animal in '97, totally insane.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Although I LOVE KOF, my favorite fighting engine of all SNK games is the Real Bout Fatal Fury engine. This game had it all for one on one vs fighting! Background & foreground lanes, guard cancelling, sensible combos, CD guarding attacks, double life bars... everything I pretty much liked except for the ring outs, which they took otut after the first one.
biggrin.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I would like to thank everyone for coming and posting in this thread. I already have KOF2000 on pre-order with www.ncsx.com and I currently own almost every Neo-fighter known to man except the REAL BOUTS. I got a MAS stick about a week ago, and I'm really looking foward to playing KOF2000 with it, authough, I really need to break it in (if you know what I meen) =P

Hey Neo-BomberMan, how much do you want for your KOF97??

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
You should get any Real Bout Series (my favorite is the first one-Real Bout). The gameplay is awesome.