How do I send Rugal to smackdown hotel?!

benares

Kula's Candy
I can't beat this mother!!! On Settings 1 and 2 I can cook him, but when the difficulty is cranked up to 3 (Normal HAH!) he takes on a new persona and I CANT KILL HIM.

If on settings 1 and 2 I can 'usually' get close to him and sweep his legs everytime. But on setting 3 he screams "blah blah KAH KAH" and NOTHING can get past that. He also has some strange energy ball that just eats your bar like a kit kat.

This is KOF98 BTW.

I use Mai, Yuri, and Athena as characters. But for now, lets talk about Mai.

What can Mai do to layeth the smaketh down on THIS CANDY ASS?

I

Iori

First of all, those characters are all worthless. Try the 96 Yagami Team, Orochified New Face Team, or the 97 Special Team.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
those characters are worthless,eh iori?

mate

do me a favour

admit it openly

come on
out with it

you know FUCK ALL about kof

peace

Fran
(the "hands off MAI" dpt )

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Mai, Yuri, & Athena are worthless? Bwahahhaha.,... hmm mm Bwahhahahahaha
smile.gif

Those are great characters with just a little practice. Athena is priority Queen of the universe. Mai is allways tuff, and Yuri is one of my FAVs. Give me Yuri, King, Mai anyday & Ill show you an ass whoopin.
smile.gif

-nick_th_fury

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
too right master

up for a little match?

i'll let you choose

95,98 or 99??

I

Iori

Trey, DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ATHENA! Mature and Vice would pummel her until her veins run dry. Both of them do more for me than even Mai. Damn those dresses are HOT.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
how do you send Rugal to the smackdown hotel?

Make a reservation!

(sorry couldn't help it)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
With Mai, learn to triangle jump over the fireball then do the flying attack on him. You'll have to learn to start this early enough to make it work, but if you get the timing down it's alright. Just be careful of him charging the ball for a long time. That can make life difficult, and whenever he disappears, immeadiately do a sweep. This applies to everyone.

With Athena it's a question of how strategically can you teleport. Never even tried reflecting his fireballs against him, so there's something for you to experiment with.

Yuri just blows against him. Both versions do for that matter. It's nothing like fighting Orochi with her.

There's one solution to it all though: Choose Yamazaki. Whip medium, whip low, medium, low, medium, low.... You win.

benares

Kula's Candy
Yes, Athenas shield does repel his fireball...

I'll give it another run tonight I think!

The 'practice' mode in KOF is similiar to giving speeches in real life. You can practice practice practice but then when it comes time to dance you begin to sweat and feel the fear!

When Rugal comes at me I'm just trying to feed commands into the controller as fast as I possibly can! :-)

I don't suppose if I sent any of you a video tape w/ shipping money you can tape your battles?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
To tell you the truth I'm not even quite sure how I would do that. I could go from TV->PC->TV->video tape or something, but that would require my brother's computer, which has a one in two million chance of happening. Quite why he is so I haven't a bloody clue in the world but that's him.

There is an official video and LD of KoF '98, but if you fancy your chances of winning the lotto, you'll fancy your chances of finding it, or so it goes. And no I don't have either. Well, if you've been looking for an excuse to visit Toronto, here it is!, if you're really that Hell-bent on beating him.