Yet another Metal Slug game for cellphones...

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
SNK Playmore went ahead and created another Metal Slug game for cellphones, named Metal Slug Warriors.

2007-07-04_ms_warriors01.jpg
2007-07-04_ms_warriors02.jpg
2007-07-04_ms_warriors03.jpg
2007-07-04_ms_warriors04.jpg

This title features only a single playable female character named Elissa Stuart from a Special Forces unit. As usual, the players will be fighting against the Morden's Rebel Army, although there is a speculation that several new boss enemies will be thrown in.

Controls and gameplay have been slightly tweaked as well. Pressing the jump button in midair will deploy the parachute. The players will be able to shoot and lob grenades while the parachute is deployed, which will give them an edge when fighting enemies.

Once again, the game is exclusive to Japan.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
it's for fucking cel phones.

what do you expect?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
and once again, it looks like shit.

And once again I don't give a flying fart on bloody cellphone games.

No wonder it's Japan-only.

SSS

neo retired
Takumaji said:
And once again I don't give a flying fart on bloody cellphone games.

No wonder it's Japan-only.

I really think if SNKP released limited edition dried cat shit with "Metal Slug" carved into it, enomosiki would get excited and create a thread about it.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Compared to the Metal Slug Mobile that got released here on the US Verizon Get It Now network, this actually looks alright. Slug Mobile looked like Metal Slug 1st Mission graphically, these look like the GBA games at the very least.

Of course, controls make or break these games, one problem with Slug Mobile was that you couldn't press two buttons at once. So jumping while running forward always means pressing jump, then pressing forward again to continue forward or else you'll just go straight up and down even if you continue to press forward.

Of course it is starting to get to the point where these games are hard to pay attention to because there are what 4 or 5 already? Keeping up with storylines and characters was already hard enough with the handful of pocket versions.

Speaking of, does anyone have a complete list of characters that have been used in Metal Slug games? There must be at least 12+ by now right?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Speaking of, does anyone have a complete list of characters that have been used in Metal Slug games? There must be at least 12+ by now right?

no, because no-one actually cares enough

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
kernow said:
no, because no-one actually cares enough

True enough. Honestly I only remember the 2 new characters in Slug 4 when I really think about them, and Marco is really the only one you need anyway.

Edit: Jeebus

* Mobile platforms
o Metal Slug Mobile
o Metal Slug Mobile: Impact
o Metal Slug STG
o Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles (Part 1)
o Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles (Part 2)
o Metal Slug Survivors
o Metal Slug Soldiers

And now add Metal Slug Warriors

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I only cared about allens battle chronicles if they brought it to GBA

being the stupid useless company they are, they don't see how this would be beneficial, and just announce slug1 ports that never materialize 2 years later.

terrible, terrible company.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I really think if SNKP released limited edition dried cat shit with "Metal Slug" carved into it, enomosiki would get excited and create a thread about it.

^ Not exciting, but rather sick and entertaining at the same time.

It just boggles my head why the SNKP would want to release a bunch of shitty games for shitty platforms that no one really gives any flying French fuck about every week instead of pooling their resources and releasing something worthy of a bang every few months.

Last edited:

*Richter*

Banned
lithy said:
* Mobile platforms
o Metal Slug Mobile
o Metal Slug Mobile: Impact
o Metal Slug STG
o Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles (Part 1)
o Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles (Part 2)
o Metal Slug Survivors
o Metal Slug Soldiers

And now add Metal Slug Warriors

I didnt know that there are so many mobile MS games...

No one really needs this crap.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Yeah pretty annoying. Metal slug 4 is now playable online with friends via gametap as are 1-3 this I find much more interesting

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
huh, you guys think it looks bad?
last screen with that robodino's pretty cool.

the obvious has already been stated...why cell phones and not GBA?
I'm certain in Japan they make good money, otherwise I don't see why SNK would continue making them. Simple as that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
GBA requires more effort, they'd announce them then shelve them, a-la MS1