Capcom's new 2D fighter

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
According to Insert Credit...
And supposedly coming to the arcades! Let's go with the official part first - Capcom has just opened a teaser web page announcing a forthcoming original 2D fighting game, right here. Now, with the speculation - AM-Net (a news web site dedicated to the arcade industry which is usually very reliable, if you ask us), claims that it will be based on Sengoku Basara, and is being developed by Arc System Works. More than that, they say that the game would be first shown this August in a private show.

At least it's not Street Fighter. :P

But since it's neither new, nor a new installment in the Vampire series, no one worth mentioning will care.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Good news then!since it is developed by arc systems i personally hope it will feature a diferent engine from those of GG or No Ken,...they look great but i don´t like the feel.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
But since it's neither new, nor a new installment in the Vampire series, no one worth mentioning will care.

Gave up on that one some time ago.

Let the whinning for a new SF game commence.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Sengoku Basara...so that would put this somewhere between Samurai Shodown and JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure. Interesting.

Didn't they do a game based on this property before and hack the shit out of it for the US release (changing enemies, characters, storyline etc)?

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Hope you liked Capcom Fighting Jam, because more shit like that is all you're going to get from Capcom now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What? A 2D fighter based on Devil Kings?

uuhhhhhhh
hmmmmm

No sir, I don't like it.

H

hermegildo

LoneSage said:

uuhhhhhhh
hmmmmm

No sir, I don't like it.
You haven't even seen it, asshole.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
We're all like a bunch of sad kids, eyeing the gates of the Wonka factory, hoping they'll crank out just one more chocolate bar.

I hope this is a cool title...but its not like its gonna suddenly start a new 2D craze.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
You haven't even seen it, asshole.
Reserving judgment for after playing games is for faggots and communists.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
so why is this in neogeo news and rumours

fucking newwwwbbbs

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
pfft if capcom fighting jam was anything to go by I wont be hoping for anything good.

SSS

neo retired
Capcom's too busy to make their own 2D fighters?

sad panda

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
someone on SRK debunked the devil kings rumor

theres already a seperate site for that game aparently.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
LoneSage said:

uuhhhhhhh
hmmmmm

No sir, I don't like it.

You're not basing that on the messed up English version of Sengoku Basara 1, are you? :spock:

Sengoku Basara 2 is an awesome game, and the characters have great personality. I could definitely see them in a fighting game; these characters would fit into a fighter quite well, and seeing as how popular SB is in Japan, people would be all over it.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
YO-YO-Boy said:
Wizard vs Sam sho!:buttrock:

The only series worthy of a crossover with Samurai Shodown is Last Blade, period.

To Hell with anyone else!

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Since when did Capcom news become SNK related? Super Puzzle Fighter and now this. Before you know it we won't be any better than Shoryuken.

Herman L.E.

Kabuki Klasher
I don't care if Capcom, SNK, or jesus himself made this game. I want more info on it.