label differences

The working US one has the 50 MEGA label on the top spine along with the fancy red mirror-image Cyber-Lip name. On the face, it has Cyber-Lip in black text (no fancy mirror-effect) and a black bar that says SNK with the copyright date.

The Japanese one has the same art, but has the blue/yellow face thing on the spine along with what I assume is Cyber-Lip in Japanese. On the face, it has the fancy red mirror Cyber-Lip and the 50 MEGA sticker (no black bar).

So it doesn't look like a prototype.

I have to get my digital camera back, and then I'll take some pictures to put up of the two covers. And I will get videos if I can figure out how.

Crap, really sorry. This was supposed to be a new reply under my other post, I hit the wrong button. Ignore this. :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, there goes the prototype theory out the window.

Honestly, I think one of the roms in your cart is either bad or dead, which explains the missing graphic elements.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Or.....going with my EPROM Bit Rot theory (check the Tech thread!), maybe Cyberlip carts use EPROM memory and maybe the data on one of your chips is fading away (bit rot)!

I can't confirm this, but it's also a possibility.

Then, maybe it's a bootleg copy! Also a possibility!