No voice in GHOST PILOTS?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have the import JPN version and am playing it on my US AES system. I've played all the way through and realized that there's no voice in this game at all!

Why? The cinemas that appear throughout the game seem like the typical Neo intermissions that used to feature the trademark voice samples.

Does the game have any voice samples or is the JPN cart not playing the samples on my US Neo?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's strange. Maybe they ran out of time in the development cycle or something.

The intro and in game cinemas have the usual early Neo Geo style that was usually accompanied with voice samples.

It's weird because when you go on to the last stage, you get a cinema showing the mugshot of the dictator and a row of tanks, but no text or explanation otherwise which is kinda confusing as to what the final stage actually represents!

This must be one of the only Neo games without a single voice sample either in game or in cinema!

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
There never was any voice sample at all in that game. NONE. And the last stage with the dictator tanks etc with I believe a question mark over it was just an in-joke by the programmers that made the game. I remember reading about that in a publication I picked up back in late early '93, I'll see if I can dig it up for ya :)