Hi people - just getting into the ng scene

SiE

n00b
Hi People,

Ive just recently got into the scene. Always wanted an AES when I was younger but couldnt afford it.

Just on the verge of receiving a nice condition neo geo AES and got hold of so far:-

SVC chaos (Jap)
Samurai Spirits 2 (Jap)
King of The Monsters (Jap)
Samurai Shodown 4 (Kor)
Art Of Fighting (Jap)

just treated myself to Windjammers off one of the guys on here. Will hopefully be up for a bit of trading with the peeps on here over the coming months.

SiE

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Welcome, and you may as well just kiss all your money goodbye now. :)

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
welcome like with gaming in general you can kiss your money good bye, but especially with neo geo!

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I joined a year ago for the same reasons, wanted one while I was a kid, couldn't afford, now I can.

Advice-

Limit the amount of games you buy right now. I have amassed one of the greatest videogame collections for fighting games ever in a period of only one year, and now I'm already kind of burnt out. I don't know any of my games well enough to have fun with them, because I have too many to play. I have games sealed in boxes that have never seen action because I have bought so many I can't play them all if I wanted too. I basically have just resorted to playing the same ten games I would have played anyways, and have about 250 games that never get used. In order to get the most out of your Neo experience, collect slowly, research and attempt to play games before you buy them, and play your games extensively before you buy new ones. That's my two cents, I'm sure you will learn quickly there will always be someone here at NG.com to disagree with you. That's why I love it.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Welcome. I am quite new myself. Dont be afraid to ask questions about neo stuff as there are alot of neo experts on here that would gladly help you out. Take your time with collecting and enjoy playing the games. Oh and spend wisely, There are alot of pricks out there that like to rip off new people getting into the scene, always do some background research. Also if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

Good luck.

Starks out..

SiE

n00b
thanks guys. I know what you mean about buying games quickly. I bought a metal slug 4 Jap last night. Im gonna wait a few more weeks before I buy any more.