Hori Fighting Stick for Wii announced

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
I just heard about this and made sure to preorder mine from play-asia.com. I've never purchased anything from them, but after seeing an arcade stick for the Wii I was sold. Kinda hoping for a Neo styled one but hey, arcade sticks make me one happy gamer.

Anyone else going to be picking this one up?

pa.97609.1.jpg

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
yeah i cant wait to play some cooking momma with this shit.:buttrock:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I like to preorder it just to use on the vc.

Btw will it work on u.s wii ?

SirRuizJr

Cheng's Errand Boy
fuckkkkkk. I am shitting in my pants right now about the fighting stick for Wii.

It's a must have accessory for my Wii.

Thanks for the announcement.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Why 8 buttons though?

What fighting game uses 8 buttons?

This is cool for Street Fighter games now, but there's 2 extra buttons...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The 8 button situation is pretty obvious; it suits the standard Neo four button layout as well as the capcom six.

I'm not surprised Dark Mandy is having trouble figurin' it out though.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The question is, why does Hori care about SNK fighters?

Street Fighter sold, SNK did not.

There is really no reason for Hori to cater to SNK fans, because you're not going to get a whole lot of money from them for the Virtual Console.

Rade K

20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:

There is really no reason for Hori to cater to SNK fans, because you're not going to get a whole lot of money from them for the Virtual Console.

People who like authentic feeling Hori sticks are hardcore types. They know their way around SNK just as much as they do Capcom. Hori knows this. By offering a button layout that serves the equally important SNK and Capcom arcade lineage, Hori will sell more sticks and gain credibility with a picky market.

Hori sees none of the money Nintendo and TPs make from VC sales - I dont know what you would suggest that.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
People who like authentic feeling Hori sticks are hardcore types. They know their way around SNK just as much as they do Capcom.

You have no idea how many Hardcore Fighter players do not know about SNK fighters, and many only know of "That sucky Fatal Fury game that SF2 blew away back then".

I'd say the Hardcore types who play fighting game, the vast majority of them do not know about SNK fighters, or just remember one or two games way in the past.

Rade K

20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
You have no idea how many Hardcore Fighter players do not know about SNK fighters, and many only know of "That sucky Fatal Fury game that SF2 blew away back then".

I'd say the Hardcore types who play fighting game, the vast majority of them do not know about SNK fighters, or just remember one or two games way in the past.

Someone who just plays Street Fighter and all the boring CPS2 Capcom fighters is not hardcore.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
Someone who just plays Street Fighter and all the boring CPS2 Capcom fighters is not hardcore.

Yes, he is.

You do not have to play every game of a genre to be defined as Hardcore.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Rade Kuruc said:
The 8 button situation is pretty obvious; it suits the standard Neo four button layout as well as the capcom six.

I'm not surprised Dark Mandy is having trouble figurin' it out though.

It's the same layout from their RAP2/FS3

It has more to do with making sure every mother fuckin' button is on that thing. Period.

Rade K

20 Year Member
taitai said:
It's the same layout from their RAP2/FS3

It has more to do with making sure every mother fuckin' button is on that thing. Period.

Believe it or not, the Neo Geo was a VERY popular arcade standard. And so was the Capcom layout. Go back to shitting on Raz, taitai.

I don't see a problem with what I'm saying.

And Dark Andy- youre always wrong. Stop posting.

SSS

neo retired
DARK ANDY said:

If SNK never sold, why do I have in my possesion a Hori Neo Fighting Stick II?

Go back to your wild theories on wrastlin story lines.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
SNK really didn't sell, actually. It was great in the arcades and crap on the consoles.

Hori made a controller for damn near every console, if you remember back. They even made one for the 3DO, I guess you'll tell me the 3DO sold.

PS Rade: You're wrong, as always. Hardcore is not defined by variety, it's defined by skill and time. I guess in your mind if you didn't also play Primal Rage and Killer Instinct a lot you're not a hardcore fighting gamer. :rolleyes:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Now to go back on topic before Rape Kuruc comes up with something only he finds witty.

I don't like the look of those buttons, they look like the cheap kind which make a loud plastic clicking noise, and has no weight behind the push. :(

Rade K

20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
SNK really didn't sell, actually. It was great in the arcades and crap on the consoles.

Hori made a controller for damn near every console, if you remember back. They even made one for the 3DO, I guess you'll tell me the 3DO sold.

PS Rade: You're wrong, as always. Hardcore is not defined by variety, it's defined by skill and time. I guess in your mind if you didn't also play Primal Rage and Killer Instinct a lot you're not a hardcore fighting gamer. :rolleyes:

SNK sold very well in the arcades. Every gamer older than 20 knows what a Neo Geo is and every arcade worth its salt had at least one well stocked 4 slot. You're gravely mistaken if you are trying to suggest the Neo Geo, a machine used with succes for >10 years in arcades all over the world didnt sell.

Hardcore is hardcore and yes, I (and many others) jumped from SF2T to Killer Instinct to Kof, etc. I wasn't afraid to drop a token or a 1/4 into a machine to try it out. And unlike you, I actually have left and continue to leave my house. So I know what the world is like outside of consoles and internets. Sorry.

Like it or not, the Neo 4 button layout is a well known arcade standard worldwide.

What fucking planet are you from?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
Yeah, those buttons don't look strong.

I know man, hopefully we're wrong and it turns out to be the good kind.

Anyways, good to see different kinds of hardcore gamers will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest, both Capcom & SNK hardcore player.

PS: I didn't mean to burst your little "snk is god" bubble, I wasn't aware you didn't know that most hardcore circles don't know about SNK fighters, and are just as, if not more hardcore than you. :)