For anyone who has a copy of World Heroes Perfect in your house...

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Whether you have the AES, MVS, Neo CD or Saturn version, you must see this for yourself, if you haven't already. I don't want to be the only one, I want to hear what others think about this.

In WHP, there are three types of "super special" moves.

1) Desperation Moves. These can ONLY be done when your energy bar is flashing RED.

2) HERO Moves. These can ONLY be done when your HERO bar is full. (it carries over rounds)

3) Desperation Combo HERO Moves. These are the biggest and baddest in WHP. These moves can ONLY be done when BOTH your HERO bar is full and your energy flashing RED.

Now let me ask the question, and then I will provide the how-to if you haven't already seen it.

Have you ever seen "ADK's AfterShock Affect?" It's coin I termed for WHP when you finish off the enemy with a Desperation Combo HERO move. It ONLY works with CERTAIN characters.

What is the ADK AfterShock Affect you ask? IMHO it's the greatest thing I ever seen in a fighter. You have to see it as well, if you own a copy of WHP. So read the following, go experiement and post back here with observations and your thoughts. Let's begin...
----

Three words... Rasputin's "SECRET GARDEN."

Ahem...

You haven't lived life fully until you see first hand that Desperation Combo HERO Move. Trust me, try finishing a round with Rasputin's Secret Garden and tell me if ADK's Aftershock Affect is not the coolest thing you seen in a fighter or what.

Step 1. Use Rasputin, fight anyone.

Step 2. Get the opponent to 3% health, NO MORE NO LESS. To make it easier on yourself, if you can, play 2 Player mode so you have a "free dummy" to get it right on

Step 3. Rasputin's HERO bar MUST be full [for sheer and utter FULL effect] and his energy bar must be flashing red.

Step 4. Now, break out his Secret Garden... stand away from opponent about half the screen.

The command for the Secret Garden:

Down, Down-Back, Back, Forward + A and C
(if Saturn version, same command only A and X)

If done right Rasputin will charge the poor guy, and well... *censored*.... and if you do it with 3% health left... you will witness ADK's AfterShock Affect.

You have to try it out sometime. Others to experiment with, and make sure you follow the steps, just change the character:

Kim Dragon's Dragon Super Finish
Forward, Back, Forward + B and D
(Saturn version, same but buttons are B and Y)

J. Max's Heaven Blows (must be done CLOSE)
Hadoken motion x2 + A and C
(Saturn version same but buttons X and A)

Shura's Muay Thai Machine Gun
Down, Down-Back, Back, Down-Back, Down, Forward-Up + B and D
(Saturn version same but buttons B and Y)

Muscle Power's Super Dangerous Giant Breaker (must be done CLOSE)
Hadoken motion, then Back, Down-Back, Down + A and C

Check them all out sometime, but please try Rasputin's when you can. Remember, Rasputin's HERO Bar must be full and his energy bar flashing red. The opponent's health has to be approximately 3%, no more, no less.

The AfterShock Affect, a true thing of beauty.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Err- okey dokey.
I guess I'll give it a try. Results to be posted shortly (provided I remember to)

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
I dunno - mabye I aint doing it right.
To me it just makes the super move play out really really slowly.
Not exactly earth-shattering.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Originally posted by toy_brain:
<strong>I dunno - mabye I aint doing it right.
To me it just makes the super move play out really really slowly.
Not exactly earth-shattering.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You did it right my friend! :)

Yes, the super move plays out really, really slowly. But I guess... you aren't too appreciative of it. Damn. Must be just me then...

Anyhow, the reason why to me it's cool is because there's nothing like an intense battle, and then you catch them off guard and as the game slows down to show you in slow motion every small detail, you can taunt your brother or friend.

I guess it's the small things that pump me up. Sorry if it's not quite the same for you, but I love it.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by Steve:
<strong>
Three words... Rasputin's "SECRET GARDEN."

Ahem...

You haven't lived life fully until you see first hand that Desperation Combo HERO Move. Trust me, try finishing a round with Rasputin's Secret Garden and tell me if ADK's Aftershock Affect is not the coolest thing you seen in a fighter or what.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You mean to tell me this is the first time you've ever seen that one?

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Originally posted by EX_Andy:
<strong>

You mean to tell me this is the first time you've ever seen that one?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Naw, I saw it the first month I played WHP, but just thought I post it now for the hell of it. BTW, haven't seen you around in a while.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
How much better is WHP in comparison to WH1, 2, and Jet?

1 sucks flat out IMO.

2 I actually liked to some degree, but still not that wonderful.

Jet I haven't played, but all accounts I've seen peg it as WH 2.5.

WHP I'm wondering if it is actually worth getting.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Originally posted by DangerousK:
<strong>How much better is WHP in comparison to WH1, 2, and Jet?

1 sucks flat out IMO.

WHP I'm wondering if it is actually worth getting.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I recommend Perfect... it's the best game in the series, bar none. Part 2 gives it a little run, but Perfect's six buttons, faster gameplay and better moves than before push it to the top.

It seems like a game ahead of its time. (mid 1995). It's playable today. I still play it with the same passion I did in the 90s so to me, the game has aged very, very fine.

I still smirk everytime I see Rasputin's Secret Garden. I still feel a tingling through my arms whenever I hear J. Carn yell, "ITS TIIIME!!!" right before he unleashes a lethal wall of fire or two. And don't forget Rasputin's classic giant yellow hand squisher. ;)

Only thing is, the AES price on WHP is quite steep still.

If you have a Saturn, spring for the Saturn version. The 6 button face controller of the Saturn is perfect for WH Perfect. Just my 2 cents.

My only disappointments with Perfect:

1) No Death Matches. Man, I would give my brother's left arm to have Death Matches in WHP. Really, I would.

2) Not much in the way of new fighters. Son-Gokuu is the only one, and Neo-Dio (absent from Jet) returns with a kick-ass cool new slick look. They took out Neo-Geegus... wish they kept his ass in. Should have been 2 or 4 new fighters...

3) Individual stages are out in Perfect and instead there are 12 time-based stages. From the Ice Age to the Dark Age to the Modern Day Period. Granted, several of these stages look cool, but I miss Hanzou's stage from WH2 and Jet. As I do most others.

4) I think Mudman is weakened in Perfect. Seriously. Is it just me? Mudman was a favorite of mine in part 2 and Jet. But in Perfect, I just can't use him as effectively. Also, his spirit buddy projectile now hits low, and not medium. Before, his spirit buddies would float across the screen. Now they run on the ground chasing after you in a straight line. I preferred the old way...

Other than that, Perfect is the best WH game of them all.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Thanks for the info Steve. :)

I think I'll be on the look out for the AES cart of this game as well. Not concerned at all about the price just so long that the game is good enough. :) Thanks again, sounds like it's a fun game...me thinks I need to go power WH2 again and try out since I do have the MAS Controller and all which I didn't before. Damn thing makes a world of a difference on so many Neo games I have. :)

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,

1 sucks flat out IMO.

WHP is exactly that... it's a GREAT game, and is probably the best in the series. I did like WH2 Jet as a game to play against others... the options you could select rather intrigued me (Normal, Speed, Strength characters), plus it was the final time you could play the almighty "Death Match". That alone makes Jet something to remember...

But the gameplay, combos and antics of World Heroes Perfect are just so much better. Things just make more sense in this game. A+B buttons counted as a "fierce punch", while C+D buttons constitutes as a "Heavy Kick". The combos on this game also made more sense, and are much more elaborate. For character balance? Well... Erick and Ryofu owned... but i you knew what you were doing you could play just about any character... except for Shura who was raped harder than a transexual in an epsode of "Oz". :D

You live in New Jersey... I have the home cart. Why not get a few friends together, come on down, and you can give the game a shot for yourself. I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

And to Steve: The "Aftershock" effect of certain supers is just way to funny. Some of them are just priceless. J Max's SDM in "slow motion" is by far one of the most painful things I have ever seen in a fighting game... and also one of the best. Hanzo in "slow mode" is also pretty cool as well. We should play against each other one of these days. :)

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
WHP is one of the best damn fighting games on the Neo, period. It has a great, very solid combo system, interesting special move system (every character has special moves with BCD, so of which, like M. Power's throws and C. Kidd's hops, are very useful), and it's the only 2D fighting game with headtracking. If you have any interest in World Heroes at all, you should definitely get it. If you don't have any interest in World Heroes, but you like good 2D fighting games with cool combos, get it.

As for Mudman, he's insanely strong thanks to his unblockable DM, which is difficult to read if you use it right in 2P play, and is 100% effective against the CPU. His jump AB is a really good jump-in, and his fwd+CD is as bastardly as ever.

If you want a character with an insane DM, try J. Karn. It's hard to connect with, but it does huge block damage. If you can hit an opponent (who isn't blocking) with the hero version SDM, it does 65-70% damage and dizzies. Game over.

VinylBoy

Originally posted by EX_Andy:
<strong>As for Mudman, he's insanely strong thanks to his unblockable DM, which is difficult to read if you use it right in 2P play, and is 100% effective against the CPU. His jump AB is a really good jump-in, and his fwd+CD is as bastardly as ever. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Mudman's DM or SDM can be stopped by anyone with a projectile. By the time he puts on his mask and start beating on his drums for the super, someone like Hanzo, Fuuma or another projectile throwing character can simply throw one and stop it before Mudman can finish the move... if it wasn't for this fact, I would consider Mudman one of the best of the game.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Really? Mudman is considered by you guys as a pretty good fighter? Humph, maybe I just need more practice with him! :D

Yeah, his super is easily counterable. What Vinylboy said basically.

Yeah, J. Carn has a lovely SDM. He might take a little time to pull it off, but if you get it right it's a beautiful thing to see. I like how he yells "ITS TIIIME!!!" before he unleashes his wrath.

That's another thing I like about WHP -- the voices for the characters sound JUST RIGHT. From Rasputin's "Ahahahaha!" to Dragon's "Ha-Chu!"

But back to Carn's SDM, yes, it has tremendous blocking damage. I don't know what triggers it, but sometimes the enemy will block only like 5 times, and in other certain situations like 17. Do you know what I'm talking about, Andy?

Vinyl, yeah, Hanzou's slow mo SDM is also a thing of beaut, but personally I like to use his Hero bar for his multi-hit Dragon Punch. It doesn't do much damage unfortunately, but it's damn pretty to watch. I have a hard time hitting the opponent on Hanzou's SDM... they either block or jump away or I fly over their heads or not even close. And it leaves me exposed to an attack, so I usually skip using Hanzou's DM.

BTW, I live all the way on the west coast.

EDIT:

VB, yep, J. Max's SDM in slow mo is definitely one of the more "Ouch" looking things I seen in any fighter. I never timed it... but the aftershock lasts at least 10 seconds I'm sure... plus I dig how when Maximum pounds his helmet into the guy's gut, the guy will go in slow mo, "Ugh... ugh... ugh... UGH!" Good stuff indeed. :)

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: Steve ]</p>

VinylBoy

[QB]Really? Mudman is considered by you guys as a pretty good fighter? Humph, maybe I just need more practice with him! :D [/B]<hr></blockquote>

Well, just look at what he has going for him. The main fault of his super is that projectile characters can easily get out of it. That's the bad side... the good side is that it's completely unblockable. If your opponent touches the light in any fashion, he's caught. The best way to use the super is to footsweep your opponent, so that you can complete his animation for his super with no interruptions. From there, it's just a simple game of guesswork. Is your opponent going to stand put, retreat or pursuit? That's when AB, BC or CD comes into play. When your lifebar is flashing red and you have unlimited DMs, you can REALLY use this move to play some wicked mind games.

As for his regular special moves, he has a great anti air move with his Mud Gyro move (down, up + punch), his Mud Cutter can be controlled in the air for multiple hits or can be used to escape attacks, plus his Head Slider (DF + Kick) has great priority and is rather quick. When I was playing the game fanactically, I had an excellent combo with him that did at least 60-70% damage with no supers. Mudman definitely has some potential... but has a tough time against the monsters Erik and Ryofu, who seemingly can wipe the floor with almost anyone in the game.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Thanks for your input VB.

I will definitely have to take Mudman for another spin...

Last time I remember his Head Slider being rather slow... hmmm, I'll recheck. And probably the reason I can't use him well is because I can't execute his DM. I try it but only get it right about 10% of the time. Strange.

But I'll take your word for it.

What do you think about Dragon and Captain Kidd? How effective are they in your eyes?

And who do you think is better: Hanzou or Fuuma?

buster_broon

The Rock,

1 sucks flat out IMO.

I have all 4 and here is what i think:

*buster apologises to steve beforehand*

wh1: plain out sucks absolutely diabolical
wh2: actually pretty good - the intro is very good and the game plays well
whj: a bit of a slump again as it isnt great couple of new characters which arnt that great
whp: nice looking game and it plays pretty good

My favourite characters are:

1/ captain kid - shark knuckle and pirate ship are excellent super moves
2/ fuuma - again its much like the ken/ryu debate - so i personally prefect him (prefer ken as well)
3/ muscle power - nice character and a wealth of moves

Personally wh1 is the worst beat em up on the home console - much better available everywhere

The other 3 are worth having in a collection - the only reason i have wh1 is so it completes my wh collection

deffty

Kula's Candy
Just pop in my world Heroes perfect cart and use Rasputin for the "AfterShock Affect".

I was shock and telling myself; "WTF?? :eek:
super slow effect of the secret garden.
Its funny and wondering what rasputin was doing to the enemy?

Going to try some other guys too

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Originally posted by deffty:
<strong>Just pop in my world Heroes perfect cart and use Rasputin for the "AfterShock Affect".

I was shock and telling myself; "WTF?? :eek:
super slow effect of the secret garden.
Its funny and wondering what rasputin was doing to the enemy?</strong><hr></blockquote>

What do you think is happening behind those roses eh? :)

The best part is, if Rasputin's Hero bar is full when you do it, the opponent will fly out of the garden once, and then Rasputin will pull him back in for one more good ... ahem.

It's cool how when it's slowed down, the grunts and "ahhh!" are amplified.

VinylBoy

<strong>Last time I remember his Head Slider being rather slow... hmmm, I'll recheck. And probably the reason I can't use him well is because I can't execute his DM. I try it but only get it right about 10% of the time. Strange.

What do you think about Dragon and Captain Kidd? How effective are they in your eyes?

And who do you think is better: Hanzou or Fuuma?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I use the light versions of just about everyone's moves if I'm looking to do a long combo... true to form, they come out much faster than the heavier ones that may do more damage. Mudman's Mud Cutter comes out much faster if you use just the simple A button version instead of B or AB. Plus there's less recovery time if you miss.

As for Dragon and Captain Kidd? I REALLY like C. Kidd...the Shark Knuckle which if done as a Hero move can hold opponents in place for a few moments while you can continue getting hits on him... The Shark Uppercut is a good anti-air, and he has an aerial kick similar to Robert Garcia's from KOF that is also effective. His biggest boost HAS To be his super... Capital Punishment!!! It's the simplest super in the entire game to connect with... a reverse uppercut with BC! He uses a rope and ties a noose around you, flies in the air and comes down with an anchor on the other end to hang you while his vulture comes by and picks at you. The bad thing about this super is that it's a grappling super, and a person has to be VERY close to you in order for it to work... if he's not in proper range for the move he will simply go into a "taunt animation". The good thing is that it's LIGHTNING FAST and requires very little execution time... you could actually use this in a "rope-a-dope" fashion. I used to purposely LET people footsweep me to bring them closer to me. If an opponent is still trying to pursue you up-close with an attack while you're trying to stand up and you have a DM or SDM handy, simply do this maneuver and there's an excellent chance that you will not miss. Sometimes, I can even use this tactic after a taunt as well. :D

As for Dragon? I like him, but for some reason I think they weakened him. He has the great moves and amazing speed, and his Lightning Kick and Hundred Moves Kick still has good priority... but sometimes, his speed is his downfall when trying to do major combos with him. Plus, he just doesn't hit as hard as he once did in other games. For some reason, I think most non-projectile characters in WHP like Shura, Ryoku and Dragon, lost a good deal of attack power. J Max is the exception to this rule (STILL strong as ever), but even without his regular Football Projectile in regular battle, a lot of possible tactics you used to be able to do are now gone. Muscle Power is also still pretty strong too for never having a projectile, and his aerial kick still gives him a quick attack against projectile happy characters.

As for Hanzo vs. Fuuma? That's a tight call...personally, I would give the edge to Hanzo because of two very prioritied attacks: his Ninja Lariat Kick (QCF + Kick) and his Izuna Slash (In air, Down + Punch). Along with his teleport which comes in very handy, these moves are more effective to use than most of Fuuma's "extra moves" like his aerial grab. Fuuma gets an advantage for having more than one DM to his disposal, but they're slightly complicated. The Atomic Slasher requires you to do a HCB plus point Diagonally Up/Back for a full motion along with AB. That's always been a tough maneuver to work with, and is only at its best in SDM mode since he also throws a lot of projectiles while doing the move... plus, in a battle between Hanzo vs. Fuuma, Hanzo could just simply teleport at the right time and totally avoid the move altogether. Fuuma's other super is more effetcive, but it also has the hard executional curse of being a triple reverse firebal with ABC. Strengthwise, they're both about equal... what determines which one is better for you is your actual battle strategies. Personally, I think Hanzo has more maneuvers that can keep a person away from him which makes him a somewhat decent "keepawaw character", although he's great in close. Fuuma's extra moves makes him have to get in close to fight, unless you plan to do crazy amounts of DMs and SDMs throughout the match... otherwise he has to rely on his basic Ryu/Ken style moves that anyone these days can avoid. Whichever style you favor would probably determine who you like best.

One of my favorite characters in the game is the secret character Gokuu... :) but it seems that everytime I select him on the AES, the computer's difficulty rating goes from Expert to GOD. I don't have the Saturn version, so I never got a chance to use Zeus either... but I hear that he's really good. It may be worth it just to find the Saturn version just so that I can see how he fights.

BTW... I DO know what's going on inside the bushes in the "secret garden". Rasputin is trying to "share" cookie recipies... you guys are just "dirty"! ;) (j/k).

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: VinylBoy ]</p>

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Vinyl, that'd be cool to come check out the World Heroes Perfect sometime. Don't have any friends who would come with me. None are into the Neo at all, and/or are away at college. I don't believe I live too far from Jersey City. A friend of mine who I work with told me he can get there in 15 minutes from East Hanover. So...I estimate 20 for me maybe. ;) But maybe one of these days we could.

VinylBoy

<strong>Vinyl, that'd be cool to come check out the World Heroes Perfect sometime. Don't have any friends who would come with me. None are into the Neo at all, and/or are away at college. I don't believe I live too far from Jersey City. A friend of mine who I work with told me he can get there in 15 minutes from East Hanover. So...I estimate 20 for me maybe. ;) But maybe one of these days we could.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I'm usually at home all the time since I work out of my home studio. Nothing too flashy... just a bunch of computers, some DJ equipment and a SHITLOAD of records. :D Gets the bills paid...

In a few weeks, I'm going to try and get some of my old friends from Boston to come up so that we can have one full weekend of serious gameplaying, like the way we used to do it. Some of them have Neo Geo systems as well, and will probably bring over their games. Drop me an e-mail... when that happens, I'll let you know. That way, you could meet some other good game players... ESPECIALLY on KOF. They never got into WHP as much as I did, since I was the only person in the loop that owned it and wouldn't let it out of my sight (it's a US copy which is supposed to be "hard to find"). But you'll have a great time regardless. :)