Is it ok to spray the inside of a cab?

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
This new cab I got, while not dirty, my father thinks its why I got sick. I sprayed the outside, vacuumed the inside which is now immaculate, but he still wants me to spray something on the inside. Can I use like a lysol disinfectant spray in there without taking all the pcbs and monitor out and everything?

Thanks in advance!
Shmenge

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
I wouldnt recommend doing that. Getting disinfectant, and stuff on the chassis/power supply or even the iso transformer, could cause some serious problems

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I agree, spraying any type of aerosol into a cab should be avoided.

Maybe you can just scrub it down with a mr. clean eraser or something?

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
I'll take a look around and see what else I have. I really can't see this thing making people sick, but better to be safe than sorry I guess. Especially since I have to move the cab into my room :P

SirRuizJr

Cheng's Errand Boy
ShmengeTravel said:
I'll take a look around and see what else I have. I really can't see this thing making people sick, but better to be safe than sorry I guess. Especially since I have to move the cab into my room :P

that's a good idea. Just keep the panel closed in the back to keep the dust out and keeps the germs inside ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
ShmengeTravel said:

Just spray some on a cloth and wipe the wood in one spot and then tell your dad that you sprayed inside. At least the scent will be in there.

*Richter*

Banned
Yeah,
spray on a cloth or a kitchen towel or something and wipe it out.

I still think it would be better to remove everything from the inside and clean it everywhere...

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
*Richter* said:
Yeah,
spray on a cloth or a kitchen towel or something and wipe it out.

I still think it would be better to remove everything from the inside and clean it everywhere...

Well I practically did so far, First I vacuumed everything (EVERYTHING) on the inside, then I did it again over with the bristle attachment, and now Im gonna wipe it down with the disinfectant. I think this is as close to "take everything out and hose it down" as it's going to get.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Clean the outside with 409... and as much of the control panel and coin door insides that you can easily get to.

I know that if I have a cab in the workshop that is covered in cigarette tar/stench that it will fsck with my sinuses.

RJ

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
I'm trying to think of what I could use to clean the wood on the bottom of the inside of the cab, you can exactly rub a sponge across it (it's pretty rough) :conf:

bdlou

Quiz Detective
I'll chime in here and say yes, it's possible that something in your cab could make you sick. I recently picked up a Simpsons cabinet, and every time I'd work on it, I'd start sneezing. It seemed that this cabinet had been outside at some point, as there was lots of rust and spiderwebs and gunk everywhere. I believe it's also possible it was around a cat, as I have bad allergies to cats. After I replaced the control panel, it hasn't bothered me nearly as bad, but I know there's alot more I can do to the thing.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
bdlou said:
I'll chime in here and say yes, it's possible that something in your cab could make you sick. I recently picked up a Simpsons cabinet, and every time I'd work on it, I'd start sneezing. It seemed that this cabinet had been outside at some point, as there was lots of rust and spiderwebs and gunk everywhere. I believe it's also possible it was around a cat, as I have bad allergies to cats. After I replaced the control panel, it hasn't bothered me nearly as bad, but I know there's alot more I can do to the thing.

That's disturbing... the things we go through for our machines :oh_no: