Cyber Lip help needed

I'm having trouble with this game. I'm on the 5th level, the second level where the elevator flashes "Danger" before you go into it. It starts off scrolling left instead of right, then you get to a desert area and it scrolls right again. There's an IN door on the lower level close to the beginning of the level, I go in, it says "Magazine Reloaded" and seems to freeze. Black screen with only my score and onscreen displays on, no music, and no buttons get any response. I have no idea what's going on.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I've been playing this game forever, and to my knowledge, never experienced anything of that sort. The best explanation to me would be that your game is "corrupted" (busted) in some form or another. I know that sucks, but it's probably true.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm the guy who can beat Cyberlip on one credit!

I've been playing this game a lot over the last two months and I have NEVER had the game freeze on me.

Try cleaning the cart. If your Neo is really old (in terms of serial #) maybe your cart connector pins are getting loose. It may also be that the cart is malfunctioning in some way...maybe one of the rom chips is going bad or something.

Good luck!

Damn. My AES system is a Japanese one with a serial in the 300,000 range. I just paid $300 for it, so I'm really hoping it's not the problem. I'm going to try to clean the Cyber Lip cartridge with damp Q-tips, but if it still does that I'll just get another Cyber Lip and try that. Thankfully those aren't that expensive, only like $40-60.

It keeps happening in that one area. The first Magazine Reloaded Successfully area is in the first level, and that one works fine. It never freezes up anywhere else. I have gotten other glitches though, like the character getting stuck against walls and I'm unable to move him. Technically the game is still running, but I have to reset cuz I can't continue.

Does this sound like my Cyber-Lip cart is broken, or my Neo-Geo? I ordered another Cyber-Lip cart that I should be getting in the mail soon, so we'll see what's what.

If it is my Neo-Geo, what could I do to fix it? I wouldn't have to buy a whole new Neo-Geo, would I? I could just have the cart slot replaced? No way I want to pay ANOTHER $300.... :(

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Neo_Reloaded:
<strong>It keeps happening in that one area. The first Magazine Reloaded Successfully area is in the first level, and that one works fine. It never freezes up anywhere else. I have gotten other glitches though, like the character getting stuck against walls and I'm unable to move him. Technically the game is still running, but I have to reset cuz I can't continue.

Does this sound like my Cyber-Lip cart is broken, or my Neo-Geo? I ordered another Cyber-Lip cart that I should be getting in the mail soon, so we'll see what's what.

If it is my Neo-Geo, what could I do to fix it? I wouldn't have to buy a whole new Neo-Geo, would I? I could just have the cart slot replaced? No way I want to pay ANOTHER $300.... :( </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know which it is (cart or system) but there's something definitely wrong when your guy in Cyberlip gets stuck on walls or the cart freezes when reloading the magazine. I have honestly never had any of those glitches happen to me when I play the game.