FATAL FURY 2 AND IT'S CHEAP A$$ A.I.!!

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Seriously, I've spent a good deal of time this past week playing FF2 on my AES and the A.I. is so friggin' cheap!! I expect the A.I. to present a challenge for me NOT READ MY DAMN MIND!! Even on the lower levels it's silly! If it wasn't for my memory card, I'd still be on the first match!! MY BRAIN HURTS!!!

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Man I know exactly how you feel. The difficulty in SNK's earlier fighters like FF2 and Special, AOF 1 and 2, and KOF 94 and 95 is absolutely ridicules. There so hard, they can't even be mastered by even the most skilled players. That's really the only thing I have ever had against SNK, but fortunately, they began to right their wrongs with the release of Samurai Shodown. Thank God they picked up on the difficulty issue as early as they did.

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys, because to me the early FF and KOF games were an absolute breeze as far as AI difficulty. I will admit, that the damage level for KOF95 is oddly high, but the AI is just dipshit. Samurai Showdown 3 is another story however, because any skill level you have it on, the AI is fucking cheap and bastardly.

Michael Yagami

I've never had a problem with any of the KOF series or the SS series or any other FF but FF2. The computer should not know what move I'm going to use before I do. FF Special fixed this problem, but the FF2 A.I. is INSANE! I had to play SS 2 just to bring my self down after getting violently angry at FF2! That damn game is going to give me a heart attack one of these days!

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The thing about FF2, is that it's much easier to win if you've got someone with a projectile. Try this out.. get your opponent off of their feet with a hard low kick, then throw a slow projectile attack. Wait for them to block or be hit with the projectile, then use a dashing special quickly on their asses (terry's burning knuckle, mai's elbow, andy's elbow, joe's kick, jubie's dashing grab). When I was 14, I played the hell out of this game and perfected the above techniques to a tee. Give them a try MIKE!!

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
When you fight the bosses of the game,(billy, axel, lawrence) this trick works even better because their stages don't allow them to escape into the background...so if they try and jump the projectile do the dashing special when they're in the air. You should score a clean hit.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I have mastered this game more than any other and have completed it on normal level with no continues with every single player and on hard level with no cntinues with bear and andy who are the two players i used most

I find that fatal fury special on hard level is a lot harder than fatal fury 2 on hard level and have only ever beaten that on normal unless i use about 50 continues.. i think the reson for that though is the fact i use andys elbow alll the time in ff2 while in ff special you need to charge it up which fucks it up for me.

Judau

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Fatal Fury Special is fucking hard, I can't even beat the first 10 challengers in story mode, I only choose Geese or Terry

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Hmm...I finished the game by just crawling forward with Terry, when they attempted an attack I'd just quickly perform a rising tackle. In any case I'm surprised this is the only FF game you are having trouble with. The AI throughout the Fatal Fury series is very tough. In RBS the main goal was to pick someone with long reaching sway attacks such as Billy Kane or Krauser. If you picked someone like Jin Chonrei and fought someone like Billy Kane, chances are you wouldn't win. In RB2 the AI makes good use of the sway line attacks. Billy Kane for example will tear you to pieces with high and low sway attacks. He's by far one of the best characters in the game.

Michael Yagami

I don't like to resort to using cheap tactics to win any fight (Be it against the A.I. or a human foe), so ducking a sweeping/rising tackle just isn't going to work for me. Plus if I was to fight the computer like that I'd start fighting human players like that. Beating a cheater by cheating doesn't cut it. I'll Beat the A.I. by tactics, if it kills me, not by cheap attacks.

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Michael Yagami ]</p>

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They,re not really cheap tactics. I fought against humans all the time, and I really never had an edge. Oh well...to each his own I guess. Good luck my friend, you obviously need it. :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
In a few words : watch and respond with the same cheap tactics.

FF2 is not that hard ( only Axel is ), If you're playing with Joe, Terry or Bear, you'll just have to get familiar with the moves and smash the CPU.

KOF95 is much more cheap, just because of the damage ratio. :p