Baseball Stars- robbing homeruns at the fence

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Has anyone ever successfully caught a homerun ball at the fence just before it goes out of the park in Baseball Stars Professional (the first one)?

The manual states that it can be done and the animation of your player trying to make the catch before he goes over the fence seems like it's possible, but I've never done it.

What happens if you do catch the ball when your player is in that "climbing the wall-falling over the wall" animation? Does the announcer say anything different or is there some kind of cinema showing the catch?

Mr. T

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You know, I havent tried that as well. But I think that I will break out my Neo and BS cart tonight and try it out. There probably isnt some extra cinema showing the catch though. BS is a pretty simple game as far as animation goes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Mr. T:
<strong>You know, I havent tried that as well. But I think that I will break out my Neo and BS cart tonight and try it out. There probably isnt some extra cinema showing the catch though. BS is a pretty simple game as far as animation goes.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know. I've come so close on many occassions when the ball just barely clears the fence, but the ball always seems to be just a little bit higher than the player's outstretched glove just before he falls over the fence.

Just thought it might be of interest that I was playing today with the american dreams. I remembered hitting a homerun with the leadoff guy and tried to do it. First pitch goes sailing over the wall and the cpu outfielder reached up and caught it. So, apparently, it's possible...

<small>[ April 24, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: galvatron ]</small>

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I have been screwed out of a well earned homer on BS1 also.