UPDATED: Cardfighters DS Recall Has Started

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Cool. Game sucks. Dont even know if it is worth trading up. I will though just so I have a working copy.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
So is this still a voluntary recall to those who bought the game, or are they pulling unsold (a very large amount of unsold Im assuming) games from shelves for replacement?

Why would these companies knowingly sell a defective product that cant be fixed by a simple patch like a PC game would.

I DEMAND ANSWERS.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I didin't get an e-mail from SNKP this time. :(

Eh, as long as they give a mailing address for the defective carts....

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow. It will take 3 months to Playmore-USA to re-release a game that was supposed to be complete AND finisheable the first time it was released to begin with??? Now THAT'S what I call fan-service.

El Cernex

El Cernex

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
So is this still a voluntary recall to those who bought the game, or are they pulling unsold (a very large amount of unsold Im assuming) games from shelves for replacement?

Why would these companies knowingly sell a defective product that cant be fixed by a simple patch like a PC game would.

I DEMAND ANSWERS.

Because they are a laughing stock of a software house?

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks for the infor. It's good to know SNK Playmore is willing to fix the problem.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
asianxcore said:
I'm going to send out my copy for replacement soon.

Don't do it! The UNFIXED ORIGINAL version will be T3H R4R3 and sell for a lot of $$$ in time to come! :loco:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Did all the registration stuff, gonna send out the cart for a replacement today.

I think the conciliatory gesture of a recall is better than none at all. Wasn't there no recall issued for Bubble Bobble DS?

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
It's pretty cool that they actually acknowledged the problem and are shipping out replacements, but personally I'd just rather buy the game once and have it be over with. Once they confirm that they have the fixed version in stores, then i'll be scooping a copy.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Anybody get a fixed copy back yet?

I sent mine in last week so I figure I'm further down SNK-Playmore's list of priority than some. I really hope this fix works. I LOVED Card Fighters and CF Extend for the NG-Pocket (I wish they would put those games on XBLA and have online head to head), so I was really looking forward to playing this, but not if it's glitched.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Don't do it! The UNFIXED ORIGINAL version will be T3H R4R3 and sell for a lot of $$$ in time to come! :loco:
"This is the ultra rare not working version of Cardfighter DS, now you can never actually beat the game! How cool is that!"

...woo

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The truly sad thing, because I'm pathetic, is that I actually considered keeping the broken version of it and waiting for them to release fixed versions to the market so that I would have both.

Then I thought 'why the fuck would I do that? Every time SNK releases something in Japan, I buy it. Then, when they release it in the US I buy it all over again.'

SNK-Playmore has gotten plenty of love from me (and will continue to do so). But if I were to keep a version of a game I knew was broken just because of my ridiculous degree of fandom, I'd have to immediately drown myself in my considerable pile of SNK swag.

Now fix my shit and send it back, SNK-P

bokmeow

Sent in my defective cartridge yesterday. Will let everyone know first thing when I get the replacement cartridge back.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
My cartridge was sent in about a week ago.
Patiently waiting. But for those interested. SNKPUSA's forums are down currently.
So they'll have to issue a press release to let anyone know what the heck is going on.

bokmeow

I got my cartridge back. Have to say it was a bit unexpected, I was expecing like 4-6 weeks, though I do live in NJ.

Came with a form letter, apologizing for my inconvenience etc. etc., and also included a KOF2000-2001 limited edition trading card pack (contains 5 cards).

Pretty koll.

I'm really backlogged on the games I have to play, but I'll try to get started on the English version of CFC DS, took me forever to get the 450 cards for the Japanese version.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
bokmeow said:
I got my cartridge back. Have to say it was a bit unexpected, I was expecing like 4-6 weeks, though I do live in NJ.

Came with a form letter, apologizing for my inconvenience etc. etc., and also included a KOF2000-2001 limited edition trading card pack (contains 5 cards).

Pretty koll.

I'm really backlogged on the games I have to play, but I'll try to get started on the English version of CFC DS, took me forever to get the 450 cards for the Japanese version.

:crying: I sent my out on 6/22 and haven't received anything yet...

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
djdelly said:
:crying: I sent my out on 6/22 and haven't received anything yet...
I'm in the same boat. Still waiting for my game to be returned.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Got mine back today. Now I can actually start playing it. Hopefully, it all works fine from here.

Got a pack of trading cards and a thank you letter from SNK-P back with the game, too.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow.
i need to pick this up and return it.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I still really want to get this game, what is the best way to go about getting it considering there has been a recall...