EEPROM Burners.....

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
OK, I dont know the first thing about eeprom burners. All I know is that I have a few boards that I'd like to update to the latest versions and in order to do that, I need to burn the new roms. Now the games I want to update are SF2CE, SF2HF, VF2, MK, and UMK3. Now I dont think I'm going to get lucky enough to have all of these roms be the same exact chip. With that being said, does anyone here know what eeprom burners can burn roms for these games?

Thanks in advance,
Shmenge

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Well, there are the obvious places like Ebay but you should really consult owners and reviews as the quality of burners can very greatly. For example, you can get burners as cheap as $150-$200 but you wont get a lot of successful burns with them. The good stuff is $400-$600+ and you should pretty much get one of those if you really want a burner.

That said, depending on how many ROMs you want burned you may just pay someone to do it for you. The guy that runs www.hobbyroms.com is terrific, I'm sure he would cut you a nice deal to burn a bunch of ROMs for you. He's also very knowledgeable on the subject so you can ask him some questions too (I'm definitely no expert). He charges $15 for new burned ROMs and $10 if you send yours in. If you had a bunch done at once I'm sure he'll give you a bulk discount though ;)

-Segasonicfan

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
segasonicfan said:
That said, depending on how many ROMs you want burned you may just pay someone to do it for you. The guy that runs www.hobbyroms.com is terrific, I'm sure he would cut you a nice deal to burn a bunch of ROMs for you.
I'll vouch for him. He helped me out a LOT back when I was troubleshooting my Final Fight board originally. If you only want to do a few, that's probably the best way to do it.