Am I getting a good deal on this package??

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Hello everyone. I am VERY new to the whole Neo Geo scene, and don't know much about it. I've been mostly a Capcom gamer, but I've always liked Neo Geo's style of games and quality. I recently ran into someone who is going to sell me these items:

Neo Geo MVS 4 Slot PCB(USA VERSION): $200.00
Neo Geo MVS Mini Cabinet(Japanese Version)$160.00
Super Dodge Ball MVS Cart with Marquee and instructions: $250.00

Now, I dont have the slightest idea on the value of these items, but I've searched a few sites and found various prices on the Super Dodge Ball Cart. I figured if anyone knew about the value of the items I plan on buying would be you guys! I want to learn as much as possible about the MVS system, and which games are the best on it! So if anyon can help, I'd greatly appreciate it...

Thanks

JumpsuitJesse

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Doesn't sound like a great deal to me. Dodgeball isn't worth 250 for MVS when you consider that you can get 5-10 MVS carts for the price of that one. The 4-slot board price is fair, but nothing spectacular. I don't know anything about the cabinet, so I'll withhold judgement there.

I wouldn't bother with Super Dodgeball when you can get so many other MVS carts for way less cost. For example, Samuria 1 for maybe $10, SS2 for $20, SS3 for $20, SS4 for $35, MS1 for $50, MS2 for $75, MSX for $100, etc. I'd focus on many other games first before SDB.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Actually, I thought MVS Super Dodge Ball, in complete form, was worth around $250. I'm not saying the game is good enough to justify the price, but that is the game's market value.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
You could do better, price wise, but the question is will this cost you shipping, or crating fee's... if not its a fair deal. If you have more fee's to pay for that... Id keep looking.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
If you don't take the package or if you don't want Super Dodgeball, let me know as I would be intereted in buying it.

Thanks,
James

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I picked up a complete super dodgeball around 6 month ago off of ebay for around $200. Mine is Number 65. I would say $250 is a little above market but that is my oppion. the mvs 4 slot as long as it is in good condition seems like a average price. Japanese 29" cabs I have seen online for $200 so along as the cab is around those spec I would say that is a good price. Some people pay more for mini cabs because they are more portable, However I personaly could never play on a little mini. If it was a cocktail table Neo, Now we are talking
smile.gif
anyway it is a average deal at best.

Phil

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Hey I notice you live in houston like me. So where are you buying from
smile.gif
You can email me if you like at Bigbruno_x@email.msn.com.

Oh and by the way there is a super auction in houston on the 6th of december and one in dallas on oct 7th. you can pick up some deals there although neo cabs still go for a lot there and I have never seen a super dodgeball cart.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited September 26, 2000).]

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Ok, cool. Well, the reason I am even considering to buy SDB is because A: I love Super Dodge Ball B: I cant find it ANYWHERE for sale at all!! I've seen some other neo carts pretty cheap, which is great. Everyone has a game that they absolutely love, so I really dont mind payin $250 for it. Everywhere else I go to get a price quote on a 4 slot in near new condition, they want to charge well over $250. So, I'm just in a big confusing situation. I would get a big dedicated 6 slot cabinet, but I just dont have the room in my apt considering I already own 2 cabinets(Dedicate Dynamo Street Fighter Champion Edition and a Japanese Capcom Impress Cabinet). If anyone here knows of or can offer a better deal on any of these items, please let me know. Not many people in the Houston area play Neo Geo, so you can understand why its so hard to find around here. I have to look elsewhere for this stuff. I tried ebay, but most of the neo stuff gets way too expensive.

Jesse

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Another alternative, if you love Super Dodgeball, is to get an original PCB of the arcarde game. Those usually go for around $10.

James

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
I had that version of Super Dodge Ball. All I can say is UGH! That game sucked!! It doesn't even compare to SDB on the Neo Geo! It's like playing a crackhead version of the SNES dodgeball without the flickering. Well, all I need now is Samurai 2 and Last Blade 2 then I will be happy!

Jesse

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
The arcade version of Super Dodgeball was my first experience when I was in Korea back in 1988 for the Olympics. Then I discovered that they released the game for the NES and I paid $59.95 for it at Service Merchandise! I got outbid for the Super Famicom version of SDB on eBay recently where it went for $91. Anyway, if you're looking for Samurai 2 MVS for your cabinet, take a look at my auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=443160725

It's complete with stickers, manual, marquee, etc!

Thanks,
James