scart to sony pvm-2530

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Not sure on the SCART since I've not worked with the output before, but shouldn't you be using pin 19 for sync (sync output, not input)?

the pdf you linked is faulty (the pinout page won't show up even though I downloaded twice) but if I remember correctly from my 2530 almost all the bottom pins are ground. I think even the shell is ground too. You have the pinout correct though as long as you don't mess with pin 9 and try to get TTL levels or something. If you are getting no image at all you probably just need to pull pin 19 from the SCART.

It also might be possible (depending on what you are using) that your SCART is outputting Luma instead of C Sync in which case you *might* need to use an LM1881 or similar circuit to get a pure C Sync output for the PVM.

Can I ask what SCART system/equipment you are using? This will help to diagnose the problem.

-Segasonicfan

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Oh hey thanks bro didnt see you respond to this.
Anyways Im trying to make one for the xbox first.
Actually it should be a universal one but anyways:
The Xbox doesnt have that many outputs Ill name them all

15 red
11 green
7 blue
2 audio right
6 audio left
8 function switching
16 Blanking
18 Blanking Ground
20 VIDEO/Sync/Luminance Input

so theres nothing at 19
im connecting the male end (where these connectoins come from) into a female end to a db-25

yeah I know that pdf doesnt display totally correct I read this tho:
3 hsync <->20
4 blue <->7
5 green <->11
6 red <->15
11 vsync <->18

im going to rewire this I think I read the pins backwards>

got it !!!!
but when I unplug the sound cord it gets very dim like "not sonics" talking about in the other thread.
I need to figure out what to do about sound now