Fatal Fury Special might just be finally coming out for the Xbox 360

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played the completed version at last year's Tokyo Game Show. They even had online matches running (although they were just online on the show floor) The game ran really well and will make a good XBLA game.

I might wait and get it when some better arcade sticks come out, this game will be a nightmare with the control pad. Hopefully a lot of matches can be had online! I think the lag will prevent this from being perfect though...

daybona

Juz,
Wes said:
System seller.

Don't get me wrong, I love FFS, but aside from the few neo fans out there, who else would buy a system just to play it?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Cool. Incidentally, this kind of was a system seller for me. When I bought my 360, just over a month ago, it was purely for XBLA (though there are some physical games that I look forward to playing now) and FFS was one of the titles that swayed me.

Irem

New Challenger
I'd buy it on the Xbox but to be honest I find it to be inferior to the likes of MOTW, RB2 and FF3 nowadays. I also got the aes cart so it would be cool to find differences. And ofcourse online play is killer but I play a lot of SF3 TS since its BC.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Is the lag a little better since the update this past month? They said about Xbox Live being 3X faster than it was. Of course it might just be downloads and stuff but that would seem to make everything run better most likely. It really depends on the connections each person is using.

I am without highspeed right now due to moving back out to the middle of nowhere when Satellite is my only highspeed option. What difference does it make, Satellite internet is useless for online gaming. Doesn't matter moving back to town with cable internet later this summer.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Irem said:
I'd buy it on the Xbox but to be honest I find it to be inferior to the likes of MOTW, RB2 and FF3 nowadays. I also got the aes cart so it would be cool to find differences. And ofcourse online play is killer but I play a lot of SF3 TS since its BC.

DUDE, FFS>ALL

R-Type rules.

Irem

New Challenger
RBjakeSpecial said:
DUDE, FFS>ALL

R-Type rules.

For nostalgia reasons, yes. But I would be happier if I could play Garou online. Anyway, they probably save that for last :)

I also fear that the game will be completely unplayable with the 360 controller. The game is less forgiving than SF2 HF after all, and that game already sucked with the controller. The DoA stick isn't all that for 2D too imo.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
KOSBRAVESHIYUU said:
Aww man I wanted Real Bout:Fatal Fury.

Ditto - the best of all Fatal Fury games. "Pits!"

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
rbff2 man.

if it had a little more polish between rounds...

i like the original fatal fury a lot too. :emb:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I didn't like FF until 3.
RBFF and S just piggyback off everything that was in 3, and for that reason 3 is probably my favorite in the series. Amazing game.

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
LoneSage said:
RBFF and S just piggyback off everything that was in 3, and for that reason 3 is probably my favorite in the series. Amazing game.

yea well RBFF2 was better than 3 becuase it had Rick Stroud,Alfred Airhwak,& Li Xiangfei.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Fatal Fury 3 is the most impressive of the Fatal Fury games. It had the best damn graphics of its time in 1995. It even blew away KOF 95 backgrounds which were really damn awesome in those days. RBS and RB2 are just fun to play due to good music, combo system, more/new characters and animation style. They did lack in the color and details department compared to FF 3 though. I liked what they did with Blue Mary in the RBS and RB2 games compared to FF3 though. She was more fun to play and had better bounce quality.

Mai's theme in FF3 is still one of my favourite video game songs to this day. However, FFS is my fave, followed by Real Bout FFS.

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
SNKNostalgia said:
Fatal Fury 3 is the most impressive of the Fatal Fury games. It had the best damn graphics of its time in 1995. It even blew away KOF 95 backgrounds which were really damn awesome in those days. RBS and RB2 are just fun to play due to good music, combo system, more/new characters and animation style. They did lack in the color and details department compared to FF 3 though. I liked what they did with Blue Mary in the RBS and RB2 games compared to FF3 though. She was more fun to play and had better bounce quality.

Speaking of Blue Mary..I was pretty mad that she wasn't on CVS2.

Irem

New Challenger
If you want an RB2 with more polish then you are probably better off with RBS although it doesn't contain Rick and Xiangfei which were imo strong additions.

LoneSage said:

QFT.

I see FF3 as the father of the Real Bouts. But I also see it as the superior game. I know a lot of people prefer the RB's because of the bigger character lineup and all but they were a bit too much about chaincombo's for my taste. Especially the guys with weapons were lame in RB. Imo, it was good that they ditched Billy and Laurence in FF3. I liked the lineup of 3, for starters it introduced Yamazaki and Blue Mary. It was actually a bit sad that Geese was already in FFS. Impact would be greater if he was saved for FF3, hehe.

RB2 has worse graphics imo. Granted, Its more colorful and some characters have more animation (although I feel RB2 Terry has less?) but most of the backgrounds are totally bland and there is only a handful. The lighting effects also seem to be pretty good in FF3, fighting nighttime and in sunlight.

Last edited: