Metal Slug for GBA cancelled

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper

What really pisses me off is not so much about the game's cancellation, but more about the fact that the rumor of the game's cancellation has been floating around for the past six months back in November when Famitsu reported about it, until it took SNK Playmore USA, not SNK Playmore, to quietly confirm the rumor by putting up this tiny message on their boards--Not even a single press release or anything to make it loud and clear--after they've distributed a whole bunch of press kits, trailers and images to hype up the series.

It just makes me wonder what the hell they were doing for the past half a year.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I not suprised in the slightest. Who knows, they may decide to opt for a DS release in the future.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
"Shocking"

Really, I mean who didn't see this coming? Considering how long it was taking them I'm just not surprised at all. It would have been cool, but if you already have a PSP and Metal Slug Anthology then MS for GBA would be rubbish.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Due to the limited memory size of the GBA cartridge the plans for MS on GBA has been cancelled. Please purchase MS Anthology on Wii, PS2 or PSP to play the complete game.

Somehow I doubt this is the reason.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
68k said:
Somehow I doubt this is the reason.

How is this MS different from the one already released on gba as far as the memory goes?

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Yeah I would expect a DS release eventually as well. They definetly seem to have trouble handling cancelations and issues like cardfighters properly or for that matter avoiding them entirely

TobyD81

n00b
Releasing on DS is a better business strategy now, anyway. The platform sells hundreds of thousands worldwide every month, and the GBA is practically obsolete because of it. Moving this project to DS and maybe tossing in some more features or, even better, more games on the card, will make things better.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I remember back when SNK wasn't the shithole it is today. back then the ports would be taken care of by the likes of Takara - SNK would be busy making original games - you know, the kind that where actually good.

fuck Playmore.

Last edited:

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I heard there was a glitch on the 2nd stage that kept you from finishing the game.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This was a real dumbass idea to begin with.
I could probably search for a post I made when this was first announced like 2 years ago or whenever and it'd say "Never gonna happen."

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
This was a real dumbass idea to begin with.
I could probably search for a post I made when this was first announced like 2 years ago or whenever and it'd say "Never gonna happen."
LOL, I would like to see that post.

I'm really amazed that even Metal Slug Advance was released here.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I want my fuckin GBA Metal Slug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:very_ang:

Josh

Banned
I've been pretty damn understanding with all the BS going on with SNKP lately, but having this charade go on for so long was just pathetic. Yeah I have a DS, but I was completely looking forward to this GBA game. Thinking Metal Slug would become one of the last games made for the awesome GBA 2D system would have been some cool, classic SNK style. Even if it wasn't a perfect port, it still would of been a really damn cool game that would of been remembered as such. What a let down. :oh_no:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
KOSBRAVESHIYUU said:
I'm pretty sure there is a Metal Slug for GBA...
There's a difference between Metal Slug Advance which did come out and the port of Metal Slug 1 which this thread is talking about.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
..a straight port of the first Slug to the GBA wouldn´t make much sense by now,maybe 2 years ago.
and by the way...Metal Slug Advance was great!one of the best action platforms on the system.
altough i still prefer Metal Slug 1st mission on the pockect.and 2nd mission as well.

KOSBRAVESHIYUU

Mr. Big's Thug
Lets Gekiga In said:
There's a difference between Metal Slug Advance which did come out and the port of Metal Slug 1 which this thread is talking about.

OK well I see why it was cancelled because no one will buy that shit...SNK needs to stop remaking the same game over and over and adding new guns and calling it a new game.They need to make a new type of Metal Slug.

Last edited:

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
This pisses me off cause i've been waiting since gamestop had booklets with pictures of it coming out. that was at least two years ago. I called SNK last February, and the rep said "No matter what, it's coming out. It's a lot of Metal Slug for a small cartridge. It may be limited, but it will come out." Ass.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Damn, i knew it was going to happen but i just didnt want it to. Cause It would of been great on the gameboy micro.