Nam 1975 mid bosses question

dr.r.muckly

Galford's Armourer
Between each stage in Nam 1975-
there are those cut scenes where it goes red and is flashing and then you fight a mid-boss.
After the first board is the construction machine.
After the second is the truck that drops purple gas bombs.

Is this supposed to happen every time?
Or when you do something special?

I used to think it happened every time but it is not.
Do I just need to clean my cart or something?

<small>[ May 20, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: dr.r.muckly ]</small>

dr.r.muckly

Galford's Armourer
okay,
I think you can skip the mid bosses by not dying at the main boss of each level.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
This may be true. I remember back last year when I played the game and beat it, I don't remember seeing all the mid stage bosses. You may be able to get away from fighting them if you don't die. I don't remember too well but if I play it again I will be sure to look. :)

dr.r.muckly

Galford's Armourer
I think I had it backwards.
When I DONT die on the first level boss, I have to fight the construction equipment.

I continued on the first stage, but didnt die on the boss.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
This is my favorite game on the Neo and I had to sell it a while back(needed the money), but whenever I beat the first level without dieing I'd still fight a between level boss.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I've never been able to figure out how to get the "cutscenes" to occur. Never. I've messed around with emulator savestates just to try to get the bottom of this easier, but nothing.

As far as I can tell, it's not based on whether or not you die in the level, it doesn't seem to be based on any certain digit of the score, or how many grenades you have left... I've tried clearing bosses in different ways, but nothing has ever proved consistent.

So I can only assume that it's totally random. But that's stupid when you have to rely on a random occurence like this to get more points if you're playing for score :(

on a similar note, I've never figured out Cyber-Lip either, how on those later levels you get the choice between "Up" and "Down" on the elevator, and one of them will take you into that sewer level before the regular level. Nothing consistent I've found in making those happen either.