Hello fellow Neo-Geo forum members

Ilona Staten

Banned
Hello fellow Neo-Geo forum members. My name is Ilona Staten but you may simply call me Ilona. I am thirteen years old and I am absolutely fanatical about videogames and just about anything directly related to them—soundtracks, anime, et cetera. My devotion to the hobby is so intense that I have even made a habit out of lurking the NeoGAF message board every now and then to keep abreast of all the latest vg sales figures despite the fact that I have no money invested in game stocks, though, to be sure, that is certainly an aspiration I have for the future. Time will tell if I am able to attain it.

Speaking specifically in regards to the Neo-Geo aspect of my gaming life, I enjoy all the Metal Slug games, Shock Troopers 1 and 2, Magician Lord, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Magical Drop 2 and 3 among others. As a discerning gamer, I quickly realized at an early age what a treasure trove the Neo Geo library was and still is to this day. The majority of my Neo Geo gaming sessions have taken place at a local arcade and at a close friend’s house. In view of the fact that not everyone is privileged enough to have a comrade with a solid Neo Geo collection, I consider myself especially blessed. Even so I am excited knowing that SNKP has negotiated with Nintendo to bring several Neo Geo titles to the Wii’s virtual console service. Now people like me who are short on funds can, with relative ease, acquire Neo Geo games legally for a nominal fee. Quite an exciting prospect if I do say so myself.

Besides my appreciation for all things Neo Geo, I am also an ardent Nintendo supporter, owning all of their home consoles and portables barring novelty items such as the Game and Watch, 64DD, and the Virtual Boy. I fully recognize and appreciate Nintendo’s passion for crafting memorable experiences, and I applaud them in their continual efforts in maintaining a high level of quality in their output. And if I was asked which Nintendo game I treasure the most, my response would probably be Dr. Mario, the single game which I’ve dedicated the most time to playing. I am absolutely addicted to it as whenever I am sitting idly in a car or bus as a passenger, I have a tendency to whip out my NES-style GBA SP and play a few levels of Dr. Mario, always starting at level 20 like a seasoned Dr. Mario player should. What fun!

And while I am an equal-opportunity gamer, my favorite 3rd party developer would definitely have to be Capcom. Throughout the years I have thoroughly enjoyed playing various Mega Man games, Street Fighter games, Demon’s Crest, Resident Evil games, and even games in the Onimusha series. In my opinion, few 3rd party companies achieve the same balance in quality gameplay, presentation, music, and atmosphere that Capcom does with their games. As a matter of fact, while I tend to read reviews before breaking my piggy bank to purchase a videogame, I know that if a game is developed internally at Capcom, it is in all likelihood a safe purchase. I even enjoyed the almost universally-disliked PN03. Yet, as fond as I am of Capcom’s games, I am truly in love with the music their composers have produced throughout the years—the talent of the various people which comprise the Capcom Sound Team is undeniable. Why, at this very moment, I am listening to the beautiful credit roll music of Mega Man X4. And call me crazy, but I also like Marvel vs. Capcom 2’s incredibly jazzy soundtrack.

For the sake of brevity I will end my introduction here. I look forward to discussing many topics with all of you. Based on the lurking I’ve done here, I think it’s safe to assume that I will become a regular poster here.

I hope all of you have a pleasant day. :)

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
[/QUOTE]For the sake of brevity I will end my introduction here. [/QUOTE]

I hope you were bein sarcastic?! Anyhow welcome with that kinda of intro,I have a feeling you will fit in here just fine.

P.S.Praising capcom here might or might not get you flammed.
P.S.S. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 music SUX!!!!!

Laterz____,
Joe

Hm I wounder why the quote didnt work oh well.

creamcorn

n00b
13 Years old? Wow I'm 32 and never wrote that well in my life. Well super duper, seems like most people at that age never heard of Neo Geo or have a passion for older games. Keep on gaming!