Impressions of MS3 for PS2

Sklabah

Another Striker
I played through MS3 today at E3 with another cat, and I am thouroughly SOLD! I've been wanting to pick up the AES for a while, but can't afford it yet, so news of a PS2 release is comforting.

First off, the action is fast and insane, of course, but I didn't notice ANY slowdown. at all. So, I died a lot. :D But, unlimited continues didn't let me down.

The animation was smooth as I've seen in the arcades, and as extensive. ie 10 second death animations. Also, as I mentioned somewhere else, the edges and pixelization seemed to be smoothed out a bit. Nice and clean.

Completion of the game opened up some other options. A Combat School, if I remember, and a mini game where you "Lead Morden's troops into the mother ship to rescue him!" This was not a replay of tyhe last stage, but something different, and I think you play AS a Morden soldier. This is speculation, though, and I wanna kick myself for not trying it, but I'd taken the machine for a long time already and folks were giving me the evil eye. We'll know for sure soon. Also, the option for stage select and the like.

No loading screens, cuz loading was under 5 seconds, unlike MSX. Again, nice and fast paced.

All english menus, which indicates completion. buttrock

That's all I can remember. I'd never played all the way through MS3, and all I can say is WOW. That was the highlight of the day for me, next to the new Castlevania game, but that's another thread.

Peace.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
thanks for the info dude. I've been wasiting for this game and glad that it plays great

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
Sounds good to me, but isn't it about time someone made some derogatory comment about ports? :rolleyes:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
CraigPilecky:
Sounds good to me, but isn't it about time someone made some derogatory comment about ports? :rolleyes:
I already have teh romz.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Hey, the port looked seriously great. I didn't play it, but I'm going to go play through it today on the show floor. The tvs they chose to display the games on are seriously handicapped. The colors bleed horribly on most...plus, a cab is right next to the TV....so I'm looking at an RGB connection, and then the regular Composite...and the difference is a joke.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
How's the soundtrack ?

Original or arranged ? I'm very curious about that.

MS3 soundtrack is one of the greatest IMHO. Better not be fucked up. wink

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Atrophyed:
How's the soundtrack ?

Hmmm...I'll have to check that out today for you. I watched guys play it, but the whole show floor is pretty loud and obnoxious, and I don't quite remember hearing ANYTHING from the soundtrack lol

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Seems like a superior port to me. Much like every next gen port.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Everyone knows ports rock the haus. Especially, SNK ports. buttrock

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
So the Metal Slug 3 port for the PS2 is no longer import only? Great news!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
Atrophyed:
How's the soundtrack ?

Hmmm...I'll have to check that out today for you. I watched guys play it, but the whole show floor is pretty loud and obnoxious, and I don't quite remember hearing ANYTHING from the soundtrack lol
Thanks KA !

If the the game have an AST , and the audio tracks are rippable, just drop me a PM. wink