Massive SNK feature on the way

strider

duck duck goose
I thought you might like to know that as of issue 38 of Retro Gamer there will be an 18-page Neo Geo feature spread over three issues.

As well as featuring a general overview of the company's history, we also have exclusive quotes from Eikichi Kawasaki.

Oh, and a word of warning. The home system is referred to as the AES and not NGH, but that's only because that how Kawasaki referred to it. I know this has been a bone of contention with some of you in the past. But hey, don't shoot the messenger ;)

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
strider said:
I thought you might like to know that as of issue 38 there will be an 18-page Neo Geo feature spread over three issues.
...next three issues of WHAT?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I heard in the next 8 issues there were going to be 100$ bills. Good luck finding them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
strider said:
I thought you might like to know that as of issue 38 of Retro Gamer there will be an 18-page Neo Geo feature spread over three issues.

As well as featuring a general overview of the company's history, we also have exclusive quotes from Eikichi Kawasaki.

Oh, and a word of warning. The home system is referred to as the AES and not NGH, but that's only because that how Kawasaki referred to it. I know this has been a bone of contention with some of you in the past. But hey, don't shoot the messenger ;)

and you conducted the interview in Japanese?

aria

Former Moderator
Unfortunately, although we'll be aiming at getting all three, I know in my situation I'll be lucky to find 2 of 3 :(

Great news, though.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
shawn should sell the mag in the neo store.

it might get a 30-50% markup though.:emb:

aria

Former Moderator
not sonic said:
shawn should sell the mag in the neo store.

it might get a 30-50% markup though.:emb:

When its already 12-freakin'-dollars at Barnes & Nobles, it doesn't seem all that crazy.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Yeah I just read it at BN rather than pay 12 bucks. It'd be cool for the neostore to carry

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Subscribed last month...

Wish there wasn't so much stuff on the really old games, but each to his own.

Enjoyed the final fight and virtua fighter articles.

Looking forward to the SNK articles. the KOF one convinced me to get a subscription.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
what's wrong with people, Neo Geo Home System is officially called AES.
even AES inserts are marked as being so.
that's how it was always referred to in the first place(Advanced Entertainment System), MVS(Multi Video System).
looking forward to retro gamer future issues.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Princess-Isabel said:
what's wrong with people, Neo Geo Home System is officially called AES.
that's how it was always referred to in the first place(Advanced Entertainment System), MVS(Multi Video System).
looking forward to retro gamer future issues.
You know what some people are like though :)

who cares what its called ...its long dead unfortunately

luckily the sell the mag where i work so i will browse through it

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
El Capitan said:
You're reading a magazine named "retro gamer" and you complain that it has too many old games in it? :spock:

That's like complaining that there's too much snk on the neo-geo forum.

Pentarou

n00b
El Capitan said:
Subscribed last month...

Enjoyed the final fight and virtua fighter articles.

Looking forward to the SNK articles. the KOF one convinced me to get a subscription.

Which issue had the Final Fight article in it, would love to read that!

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
stuffmonger said:
You're reading a magazine named "retro gamer" and you complain that it has too many old games in it? :spock:

That's like complaining that there's too much snk on the neo-geo forum.
You have missed the point....

I consider retro to be NES, SNES, N64, MS, MD, Saturn, Neo-Geo etc. I.e. fairly recent consoles.

I just can't get interested by amiga/atari/dragon/spectrum.

Just MHO

and I still buy the mag, so I'm hardly making a big thing about it....

aria

Former Moderator
It is a little bit "meh" for the American readers that we have to see stuff about systems that we had no contact with, like the Spectrum (although I had a brief summer with one when I visited my cousin in London in the 80s).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
strider said:
. The home system is referred to as the AES and not NGH, but that's only because that how Kawasaki referred to it.
This brought a smile to my face.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Bobak said:
It is a little bit "meh" for the American readers that we have to see stuff about systems that we had no contact with, like the Spectrum (although I had a brief summer with one when I visited my cousin in London in the 80s).
I honestly don't mind at all. For some reason, the whole turbo graphics line missed me when I was little. I never heard about the systems till I was here. Now, tg16 games are about all I dl on my wii :p

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Retrogamer its a fine damn magazine that i buy from day one.
and from that day that i was watting for a proper Neo Geo special issue(the TG16,Genesis,Snes are great ones!).As iam still watting for a Shump special...
i am gonna try grab a few more here of each one,so that i can send to a few of you who cant buy it in the states.To me,here in portugal it costs me 10 Euro.
I´ll try to grab 4 to 6 copies of each.
PM if your intrested.

Keep up the great work Retrogamer

Last edited:

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Will have to look for it, would be an interesting read. Wasnt my super favorite job but is up for 2nd place, with first being a tie between Romstar and my present job.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Princess-Isabel said:
officially called AES.

Not sure about that.

"Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment System" maybe

"AES" no.

The term Advanced Entertainment system can also be found on the Neo CD and MVS...

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
you can blame crybaby NGF blind fury for the term "NGH" ever being used - even though it is a term that identifies a noob and/or hater.

Resident whiner littlebruno tried to impose this dumb acronym on the masses years ago in a sad attempt to rebuff NGF using the correct term - AES.

Much like the genre color coding - SNK was using this system (and the term AES), from the beginning.

ChrisR