New mobile Metal Slug game

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
2007-05-10_msfighters1.jpg
2007-05-10_msfighters2.jpg

A new Metal Slug game for mobile phones has been released, named Metal Slug Fighters.

This is the sequel to the other two Metal Slug mobile games, Metal Slug Suvivors and Metal Slug Soldiers, and will feature two character--a new character named Natalie of the P.F. squad and the other being Ralf. ("We meet again, Dr. Jones.")

Natalie gets 50% more ammunition when she picks up a weapon, while Ralf can do his usual Vulcan Punch to shred his opponents.

Also new in the game is that you will gain control of Slug Flyer, which was not in the two previous games.

As usual, this game is distributed only within Japan.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
WoodyXP said:
I can't wait to not play this.

Well, you can always find it in one of those "200 cell phone games" torrents...

That's how I got my hands into the first one, anyway.

El Cernex

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I actually paid 6 bucks for the very first one, I can't remember what it was called, but it was on the Verizon Get It Now network.

It was ok. It was ten times better than the fighters like King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown, but it still wasn't worth 6 bucks.

Then I got a new phone and lost it and realized why downloading games will never become the video game industry standard. Remember when PS3 was being speculated years ago to have no tangible software? Sony despite all their PS3 blunders didn't even make that mistake.

No one likes to pay for things you don't get to own physically.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
lithy said:
I actually paid 6 bucks for the very first one, I can't remember what it was called, but it was on the Verizon Get It Now network.

It was ok. It was ten times better than the fighters like King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown, but it still wasn't worth 6 bucks.

Then I got a new phone and lost it and realized why downloading games will never become the video game industry standard. Remember when PS3 was being speculated years ago to have no tangible software? Sony despite all their PS3 blunders didn't even make that mistake.

I agree 100%.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
lithy said:

That's exactly what sucks so much about iTunes. If you don't back that shit up, you lose it for good.

Do they have a way of backing up cell phone games, I imagine?

bugula

Member,
Lets Gekiga In said:
Do they have a way of backing up cell phone games, I imagine?

it depends on the phone and storage method. most modern phones can transfer files to a pc, so you can easily back up any purchases.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
bugula said:
it depends on the phone and storage method. most modern phones can transfer files to a pc, so you can easily back up any purchases.
That's definitely the way to go. I always back up my hard drives on my computers as well as PDA data.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Backup is very important. I hate expensive phones and playing games on it so I haven't nor do I intend to play these. I use a barebones cheap ass samsung phone and I'm happy with it

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
jdotaku said:
Backup is very important. I hate expensive phones and playing games on it so I haven't nor do I intend to play these. I use a barebones cheap ass samsung phone and I'm happy with it
Yeah, as long as your phone can call other phones and receive calls itself I think that is all you really need. :)

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
bugula said:
I have a Sony W810i, which is probably one of the least locked-down phones I've seen and it has no functionality for copying / moving any sort of apps off the phone. It's strictly one-way. If there's a phone that will copy them out, I'd really like to know about it.

Fortunately, it's flexible enough to receive them by bluetooth so when I upgraded to it I was able to get the one game I bought that was worth keeping by other means.

OT: Until phones get a decent input interface, no game that moves as fast as Metal Slug will ever be worth playing on a phone. Even Lumines and Tetris are pushing it, IMO.