Neo Geo MAH JONG ??

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I own TWO of the NG MahJong Carts. The Yellow one (minni something) and the one with the women on the case... Story (NG-4). My question is are there any MJ games that are readable in english, and or classic in game play like Shanghai type for the AES??

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Nope, sorry. I believe someone wrote a guide on how to play the games, but the games themselves were never were translated. Not really much reason to release them in the US market, at least not when they were written.

There is Mini Shanghai for the NGPC!
smile.gif
If you can stil find the english cart for it...

Keith

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
So then the other 2 or 3 that I dont have are also that side-type game play, not the classic play like Shanghai?

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I don't think any of the games play the Shanghai rules like we have seen in the US, but I can not say I am sure about this.... I do not know for sure who could answer this question....

Keith

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
If you want a 4-player Mah Jong game (never seen Shanghai or mini S.; no clue what they're like) you can try the one at www.ninedragons.com They have a fully-playable demo version, plus a rules guide on the site. The rules all won't necessarily apply to the Neo·Geo versions, since Mah Jong rules can vary slightly literally everywhere the game is played.

The only other 4-player one I've come across was a (seemingly) very famous hentai anime one, and Visco actually made one this year or last, but I would have to re-check what it was like, as well as platform.

Come to think of it, all the Neo Mah Jong games are either related to sex, or in the case of Minasan, dirty humour and actions (you'd have to see/know about the show it was based on, which is supposedly the same programme that served as the influence of the Ping Pong Club anime, if that tells you anything).

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
Fancy meeting you here. Once again, sorry about cancelling the Mahjong story auction
smile.gif

I already had it anyway, bought it from 16-bit for $100... you could have gotten allot more out of me, but then it was your choice to take $40.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Ha Ha Ha. I lost that game, along with several rare Saturn and Pc Engine Mahjong games that I was planning to sell. My best guess is that I threw it away. I was fairly sick (flu/dizziness/cough), and decided to do "house cleaning" to make myself feel better. It was probably under one of the 4 big garbage sized bags. Had to refund the high bidder plus extra dollars for the trouble I caused. I don't reget it though. my fault that I lost the game. No need to be sad about not being in the auction. If you were the bidder, and if I expained the situation, will you believe me after all the discussions we had?

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Yeah... I only felt bad that I paid $100, but it is 110% mint, I got it from 16-bit, and though the price was high I think it was worth it. I also got the minnson or whatever, yesterday in the mail from italy! It cost $60 shipped! The picture on the auction must have been on the guy found on the net because it was terrible looking. The actual GAME that came in the mail was 100% mint, and very nice! Even though I still dont know how to play now I do want to get the other 2 MJ games, just to have the set. They are weird!