So, do the MV-ELD panels make the whine no matter what?

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Hey everyone. So recently I was extremely lucky and wound up with a NOS MV-ELD 1/2 panel. It's really quite beautiful. So bright. So sexy... :drool_2: Anywho, I noticed that the traditional squealing noise can still be heard, although faint. I plugged in my 2/2 panel which is not as awesome as the new one, but still pretty bright. The squeal can be heard a little more, but still not deafening like the near dead ones that came with the cabinet.

So, my question to all of you is, no matter how perfect your MV-ELD panels light up, is there always going to be at least a little bit of a faint squeal? I guess in the arcades you would never notice this because everything was so damn loud.

Thanks everyone!

Louis

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
As above-Xian Xi you could try improving the ground.

bdlou said:
Hey everyone. So recently I was extremely lucky and wound up with a NOS MV-ELD 1/2 panel. It's really quite beautiful. So bright. So sexy... :drool_2: Anywho, I noticed that the traditional squealing noise can still be heard, although faint. I plugged in my 2/2 panel which is not as awesome as the new one, but still pretty bright. The squeal can be heard a little more, but still not deafening like the near dead ones that came with the cabinet.

So, my question to all of you is, no matter how perfect your MV-ELD panels light up, is there always going to be at least a little bit of a faint squeal? I guess in the arcades you would never notice this because everything was so damn loud.

Thanks everyone!

Louis

Where are you hearing the squeal from....?..from the driver or MV-ELD panel-lights themselves.?

After replacing the bulbs with originals in two cabs I dont hear and squeal..

It could mean that your bulbs are on the way out even though they are NOS or bright..

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Xian Xi: Can you elaborate?

chris1: Through the speakers. When the near dead panels are plugged in, the squeal is very loud and painful. And the pitch changes when switching between games. With the new panels installed, the squeal is there, but faint. From previous threads I've read and posted here, I was under the impression it's a very common issue with dying panels.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Are you sure its comming from the speakers ??, I thought it was usually ringing from the inductors on the inverter/drive pcb. Especially when the panels are faulty causing excessive load on the driver.

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Hmm...I guess I've never disconnected the speakers to confirm. I'm posting all of this from work. I'll check it out once I get home. Thanks!

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Thanks guys. I stand corrected. The squeal is indeed coming from the MV-ELA and the MV-ELD panels. To add another twist, when I replaced the panels, I also used the replacement MV-ELA. Which switching back to my original MV-ELA, the squeal is much much louder.

Any suggestions? Is it still the bulbs causing it, do I have two so so inverters, or is this being caused as a side effect of something else.

Thanks!
Louis

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmmm...

The whine usually comes from the Driver which sometimes is behind the speakers making it sound like it's coming from them..

Yes,..it's a very common issue with dying panels.