KOF AC TypeX2 Images

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Ah the editor, what made you pop your head in here? You're not afraid
to get it cut off?

Alba Meira will surely masturbate to these screenshots.

Last edited:

editor

n00b
oh look at that...

you... cut... anything!

I don't think you could do that. Your just unhappy to be left behind again!

Self appointed egos are not a problem!

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
not bad but i'd rather see some stuff on kof xii

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Like to see more pics. Pretty interesting for now though.

SSS

neo retired
Wow, that would be impressive.... on Dreamcast. Soul Calibur had better character models than that.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
My god, what did Falcoon do to Mary? Those better be extensions from some kind of customization mode.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Wow, that would be impressive.... on Dreamcast. Soul Calibur had better character models than that.

Yep, I'm in agreement here. It looks as if these are screenshots from a PSP version, not from the next generation of arcade hardware. They must be on a strict budget. Hope they don't cheap out on KOF XII.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Kim Kaphwan said:
My god, what did Falcoon do to Mary? Those better be extensions from some kind of customization mode.

Yeah it's from a custom costume, it's not the default. The MI custom costumes are ridiculous...

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I thought that AC was for Arcade. And then i though it was about Kof12... dissapointment..

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I'd like to be able to say something optimistic about this game, but in my heart of hearts I know it's going to bomb in the arcades over here.

All of the 3D fighting game fans are too busy mastering either Tekken or VF to spend any real amount of time with this, and all of the KOF fans really care about are the 2D installments.

At best, this will be a novelty for a few months, and then one by one the machines will start to disappear.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
looks good to me. Ash is a nice addition, don't really care about BM. Either way, I'm interested to see if they balance the game out.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I've never really liked the MI alternate costumes with the exception of some of Ryo's. Blue Mary looks a DBZ/Final Fantasy and R.Mika hybrid. The MI games are fun ,but I'd really rather have a 2D Kof no matter what. The 3D games are ok, but never struck me as much fun.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Ahhh... the "Stingless" report.. all the arcade news fit to cut and paste or just plain make up on the fly.

Where's Rev at to slap this guy around with his e-cock?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
This tool editor needs a custom rank.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Jeez.

Well the way I see it, once they get over promoting this game, KOF XII is next, so things are moving.

I'm looking forward to playing this game tho. MI 2 was fun among friends, so this one should be good.

What other new fighter should I play other than VF 5 anyway(which I can't :crying: )

Last edited:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
tsukaesugi said:
I'd like to be able to say something optimistic about this game, but in my heart of hearts I know it's going to bomb in the arcades over here.

All of the 3D fighting game fans are too busy mastering either Tekken or VF to spend any real amount of time with this, and all of the KOF fans really care about are the 2D installments.

At best, this will be a novelty for a few months, and then one by one the machines will start to disappear.

Plus they have to sell the new cab hardware too. This isn't just an MVS cart an operator can slam into an existing cab.

SEGA may be able to get away with pushing custom kit for the likes of VF5, but this? Very unlikely. Not the way Japanese arcades are going these days.

Now before I talk about the game I'd like to say a few things about the Type X2/Viewlix combo, which is Taito's answer to Sega's Lindbergh system. The most important point here is to find out whether it is possible to use a Type X2 motherboard in the Lindbergh cabinet, and vice versa (i.e. whether a Lindbergh motherboard can be used with the Viewlix cabinet). Of course, we already know that this is technically possible; the question is whether Sega and Taito will allow arcade operators to do this. Because if they won't, Taito had better have more compelling titles than Battle Fantasia lined up, otherwise not only the Type X2, but also the Viewlix will be dead on arrival.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
SamuraiShodownSensei said:

My thoughts exactly. The fact that SNKP is on the new Taito arcade board seems to be doing more demange than good. for the board itself.

By the looks of it, SNKP will be going back to the Atomiswave in a year, 2 tops.

El Cernex

Naiper

Super Sidekicks 2
Cernex said:
My thoughts exactly. The fact that SNKP is on the new Taito arcade board seems to be doing more demange than good. for the board itself.

By the looks of it, SNKP will be going back to the Atomiswave in a year, 2 tops.

El Cernex

I doubt...
Atomiswave is dead...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
they will more than likely hop about arcade board hardware, oh look we killed type 2 X , lets go kill something else