Eurogamer Gives Cardfighters DS a 1 out of 10

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
This link was already posted here in another thread in the hand held section.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
This reminds of Metal Slug Advance, what a horrendous release.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
SNKJorge said:
This reminds of Metal Slug Advance, what a horrendous release.

This is even a much greater tragedy though. We've seen the slow decline of the MS series for some time now, but at least we've had new releases in the series.

This is the first US/Euro release of a CFC game in what, 7 years now, and it's complete shit, with a game destroying glitch no less...

At least with each new MS release, we've been gradually prepared for a bit more of a letdown each time, this one is a real kick to the sternum.

Even though none of us trust SNK-P, we held high hopes for this game, and they fucked us worse than anyone could have ever imagined that they would...

Fuck SNK-P.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Soniku said:
@qube: It's game.

Oh I know, but it happens to be one of the very few games I was actually planning on buying this year...:mad:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Damn that guy knew how to write..

I'm so glad I wasn't looking forward to this game. I guess this is SvC all over again.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
fucking retards.

1/10 because they couldnt be assed to learn the game?

:oh_no:

cfc:ds > cfc

Last edited:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
So now after put number of online reviews here, I know not to get the American version of this game. Not counting the in game bug, does that mean that the Japanese version is any better?

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Hakkai said:
So now after put number of online reviews here, I know not to get the American version of this game. Not counting the in game bug, does that mean that the Japanese version is any better?
Bok said the Japanese version doesn't have the bug. No bug sounds better to me. Wifi support would be nice, playmore really have their heads up their ass.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Somehow I doubt the game could be this bad but the game ending flaw that prevents further play does cripple the game and needs to be fixed/replaced.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
caleb1883 said:
however, I think this review is a great summary of what we think about everything SNKP has ever done.
Yes, obviously in a forum about Neo Geo we all think that about SNK Playmore. It must be an evil company, since apparently every single thing they've ever done has been bad. Kudos to you for discovering the shockingly consistent pattern of opinion shared by you and every other old fogy gamer who refuses to change a single thing about SNK as it was in the mid-90's.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It would be nice if people didn't conveniently forget how badass KOF XI was, and accept that KOF:MI 2 was a very solid game, if not exactly the best thing since sliced bread as fighting games go.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Violent Ryo said:
Damn that guy knew how to write..

I'm so glad I wasn't looking forward to this game. I guess this is SvC all over again.

SvC was not looked upon this harshly. And I have to agree with most of what the reviewer said. I believe the deal here is though, not that everyone wants SNKP to not change anything since the mid 90's, but just to make better games of all the old franchises which they fail at. Nintendo is the king of capitalizing on their old franchises. Mario isn't broken, so they updated the graphics, added a few new item power ups, but really didn't change the formula very much from the 80's. SNKP however, feels the need to change the games in places they don't need to be changed in, and not change (graphics) in places they do need to. That's why KOFXI was so cool, because they actually kept the formula, put a new twist on it, they just didn't update the graphics. With Cardfighters, what they needed to do was keep the formula, update the graphics, add cards and wi-fi functionality. They instead, change the formula, make forgettable graphics with a clunky interface, deny us wi-fi and add a game stopping bug. It was just a sloppy job all around.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SNKP is a 90's games company in 2007

People don't want shoddy efforts with little or no playtesting anymore

wake up

this isn't 1991 where people didn't even think of such things and you can earn a quick buck with plentiful SF2 rip-offs.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
honest review. cardfighters suck. so were the fuck is XII at? they better not fuck this shit up. is anybody else thinking this might just be the end of the 2d fighters era(or 8 years ago)? we get new fighters and they turn out to be crappy fighters like fotns, we got kofs every year which looked worse with every new episode. we got a new ss which was the worst ss in history, along with V and VS. now theres a chance sf4 wont be coming out. and if kofXII is also fucked up, then i guess we can say goodbye and keep on playing kof 98 and sf3ts till we die:conf: ?