Metal Slug 5 MVS Narsty b00t

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Check it out (pictures are big files). I thought Boots had to be made off of sacrificed carts? This looks like the whole thing is bootleg.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Holy shit, that looks rough.

Like asked before, where from?

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Hahhahahaha a boot with MASK ROMS. Thats fuckin classic. What will those crafty bootleggers think of next?

-B

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
I've got a couple boots that are just like that, i was suprised to see custom made pcbs inside as well. The only time i've known of a sac cart being used is in AES converstions, but i may be wrong.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
xmods said:
I've got a couple boots that are just like that, i was suprised to see custom made pcbs inside as well. The only time i've known of a sac cart being used is in AES converstions, but i may be wrong.

The majority of the boots i've encountered are SNK PCB's with eproms and hacked up jumpers.

SSS

neo retired
RyogAkari said:
Check it out (pictures are big files). I thought Boots had to be made off of sacrificed carts? This looks like the whole thing is bootleg.

I've seen quite a few that have custom PCBs. Not out of the ordinary, just easier to sac an old MVS cart than make your own.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I've seen quite a few that have custom PCBs. Not out of the ordinary, just easier to sac an old MVS cart than make your own.

Nah, the Chinese can make these for 50 cents and a little child sweat.

...That's actually a pretty darn professional boot, BTW. How does it play, RyogAkari?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 5 is much more common as a boot than as a legit cart. I had to go pretty far out of my way to get the real one, by the time I got around to it. The carts with the clear plastic like that (a color that was never officially used) are a dead giveaway, yet you always see people bidding them up on ebay.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
My bootleg version is full of MX flash, are you sure this is not the real thing ?

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
I bought it advertised as a bootleg. I don't think they ever used Sharp chips so it's clearly a boot. Anything with MX chips is a boot after all anyway.

It plays rather nicely actually. You wouldn't be able to tell it's a boot unless you saw the cart. ^_~