video of Eye of the Typhoon

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I posted this in a thread elsewhere but I think it's important enough that it should be viewed by all those who where interested in the proto images relating to this game. or if you're a fan of fighting games.

it came out on 3do in korea and is rare ofcourse. the actual gameplay looks really good to my eyes. everything else looks cheap and crappy, but maybe this is because it was brought to 3do.

personally I'd love to play this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuVP7DHhgWc

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
The sprite work looks rather well, but that's about it. Everything else ranges from decent to below decent work.

El Cernex

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
it certainly looks better than Fight Fever at the very least

but it's still a game by the same company that made Fight Fever.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
lol, the 3d intro was physically painful to watch

looks like fight fever's been buggering FF2, and a giant turtle with TB had vomited a big goopy ball of fighter's history on to it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
it looks terrible...

and like FFS.
yeah but it is an old game, and FFS looked great when it came out. ok this is not
stunning by today's standards but it does look like a big improvement over Fight Fever as BBH said.

I do wonder if this was in fact a neo geo game or always intended to come out on 3do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
yeah but it is an old game, and FFS looked great when it came out. ok this is not
stunning by today's standards but it does look like a big improvement over Fight Fever as BBH said.

I do wonder if this was in fact a neo geo game or always intended to come out on 3do.

lol, so if they were given enough time, they could have eventually made...

Garou: Mark of the Typhoon.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Man that video was hard to watch. The game looks pretty horrible, I must say. I mean its cool seeing lost titles in action, but damn I can see why this never got released.

-B

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
not sure about that Bill, I mean it definetly doesn't look as good as top fighters on the neo, but worst looking crap was released on the system, and the more the better I say. I do have somewhat questionable taste in games though, but to my eyes (may need glasses), this game seems on par with Ninja Masters, which from an aesthetic point of view has always looked a bit lame to me.

wasabi: yeah, but I think they would have reverted to the original title and called it: Fight Fever 3: It's On

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
not sure about that Bill, I mean it definetly doesn't look as good as top fighters on the neo, but worst looking crap was released on the system, and the more the better I say. I do have somewhat questionable taste in games though, but to my eyes (may need glasses), this game seems on par with Ninja Masters, which from an aesthetic point of view has always looked a bit lame to me.

wasabi: yeah, but I think they would have reverted to the original title and called it: Fight Fever 3: It's On

Yeah I can see how it looks along the lines of Ninja Masters. Whats the "catch" to this game though? I didn't see a nice combo system, no multi plane, heck I didnt' even see super specials.

-B

JFlex

Marked Wolf
soulthug said:
lol, the 3d intro was physically painful to watch

looks like fight fever's been buggering FF2, and a giant turtle with TB had vomited a big goopy ball of fighter's history on to it.

My sentiment's exactly! The worst intro I've ever seen for a fighter.